• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Got out with the RimX to try a couple of different Lots of Center X. Was just using the SK Semi Auto to get rounds down the barrel and was really surprised by its performance, especially for $5 a box ammo.

RimX
Green Mountain M24 @ 18”
Bix and Andy TacSport
Manners T2A
Keystone Accuracy did the barrel work.
Mine and my buddies Green Mountain both are fast barrels. My 18” with Center X chrono’d 1125fps and his with a 20” and Center X was 1122fps.
6B4417D6-A6AD-4F5C-929A-43D5A0720A85.jpeg

Last edited:
Been second guessing my order of a GM barrel on my RimX. This makes me feel Better. Have only seen one that has been a problem.

Been second guessing my order of a GM barrel on my RimX. This makes me feel Better. Have only seen one that has been a problem.
Shoot one from Keystone and your second guessing will be over

Last edited:

I havent seen any with a problem. I tested one that was sent back to Keystone claiming a problem and it shot lights out with SK+ no lot testing or any other ammo testing.... Gave it back to Keystone with the target..

Reactions: Schütze
Shoot one from Keystone and your second guessing will be over

It’s coming from Keystone on an action. Normally go with upper end blanks on my custom builds. That is the only reason for second questing.

I havent seen any with a problem. I tested one that was sent back to Keystone claiming a problem and it shot lights out with SK+ no lot testing or any other ammo testing.... Gave it back to Keystone with the target..
Good to know. Probably the one I saw that seemed to be a problem. Have been very lucky with all my customs over the years. Never had a 22 built other than a CLE upper and putting together 10/22s with good parts. Have a 1411, CMP 40x and a 40x BR rifle I pick up about 10-15 years ago that I just started playing with. If this RimX shoots like the ones above I will be plenty happy.

Reactions: Schütze

Might have been my barrel you tested.... John said he touched up the crown while he had it then tested it with SK+ and sent it back to me with a target.
Since it's return it has behaving quite well.

Reactions: padom
Primal rights 2deg chamber, Paradigm 16” sendero, carbon wrapped.
Is it slightly tighter to feed than Eley EPS ? Wee little bit... still feeds and eject fines. But I couldn’t believe how consistent velocity wise with the MS3. At some point I had 5 CCI SV rounds in a row at 1079fps ...
Where did you get a Paradigm barrel for a .22lr? Can’t say I’ve seen them listed anywhere. What’s the twist rate?

No insight needed, just show me that they shoot smaller than his steel ones....

Smaller than steel? Haha. They shoot exactly the same as their steel counterparts and @Frank Green has posted targets and @lowlight is shooting one.

Here's some targets Frank recently posted shooting one of their new CF barrels

Last edited:
I asked Daniel @ Primal Finish if he thought he could cerakote match my B&T Super-CAL bipod to the McMillan McWoody finish on my TS Customs RimX. He said, "Sure, send me some pictures of it." A few weeks later this is what showed up!

XiUFJN5h.jpg

Pictures truly don't do it justice. In person it looks very close. Through talking about it with Daniel, if I were to send him my stock, he could do a much closer match for any accessories I would want done. The molded-in marbled finish on the McMillans is very popular. I have several of them, and it's very cool that I can now get some matching accessories if I want!

In the future, if I send pictures, he'll do his best at matching it, but if the product arrives and isn't right to my eye, I can pay to have it done again. Pictures can be very deceiving due to lighting and various screens displaying them strangely. So Primal Finish can not be held accountable for making it a 100% match. In this instance it's obvious he did a great job! Otherwise, if I send the stock I want matched with my accessories, then he'll be able to get it right with much more certainty.

I'm definitely very happy with it and it looks like it's made for the rifle. I'm a firm believer in having individual accessories to be used on specific rifles, so I elected to go with the Mlok atlas mount, so this bipod isn't coming off that rifle without tools. Very sturdy setup for a purpose-built target rifle.

Smaller than steel? Haha. They shoot exactly the same as their steel counterparts and @Frank Green has posted targets and @lowlight is shooting one.

Here's some targets Frank recently posted shooting one of their new CF barrels

Padom, outstanding shooting no question!! I'll never get there, whatever rifle you give me.
But wasn't this done with a benchrest rifle in 6PPC ?

And if so, what would this tell us about a 22lr bartlein CF barrel in a RimX ?

Padom, outstanding shooting no question!! I'll never get there, whatever rifle you give me.

It has to do with your original statement that Bartlein wrapped barrels are for looks....it shows they perform and aren't for looks.

I have the first 10 Bartlein CF 22lr blanks in existence being made for me as we speak.. i don't expect them to shoot any different than my Bartlein SS counterpart.

If they didn't shoot as well as steel I doubt Frank would make them

I think comparing benchrest centerfire rifle results from a world champion with a future 22lr barrel from the same barrel maker is not helping to decide on a barrel purchase.

All I'm saying is that if a Bartlein CF in 22lr shoots exactly like a regular Bartlein in 22lr, I personaly don't see a reson to buy one other then for looks.
Mabe some woult like to build a RimX into a light weight hunting rifle, that's just not me. I prefer more weight on a target rifle, it helps me to shoot smaller.

Again, I am NOT questioning Franks barrels, they are simply put outstanding. I'll receiving my second one soon.

I think comparing benchrest centerfire rifle results from a world champion with a future 22lr barrel from the same barrel maker is not helping to decide on a barrel purchase.

All I'm saying is that if a Bartlein CF in 22lr shoots exactly like a regular Bartlein in 22lr, I personaly don't see a reson to buy one other then for looks.
Mabe some woult like to build a RimX into a light weight hunting rifle, that's just not me. I prefer more weight on a target rifle, it helps me to shoot smaller.

Again, I am NOT questioning Franks barrels, they are simply put outstanding. I'll receiving my second one soon.

Geeez, then enjoy your 18 lbs 22lr game gun. Some people hike and shoot and don't need to add steel weights or other gimmicks.

st1650, thank you for your advice. For "hike and shoot" I use my $300 izhmash biathlon-7-2-ko in 22lr, no 18 lbs there.
And these "Gimmicks" are used by some to mimic the bigger centerfire in the same configuration like you should know so your reply is uncalled for. Thats the reason many have R700 style 22lr rifles to train with.

The monkey has nothing to do with the barrel...
st1650, thank you for your advice. For "hike and shoot" I use my $300 izhmash biathlon-7-2-ko in 22lr, no 18 lbs there.
And these "Gimmicks" are used by some to mimic the bigger centerfire in the same configuration like you should know so your reply is uncalled for. Thats the reason many have R700 style 22lr rifles to train with.

Nobody cares what you use YOUR rifle for. You made a blanket statement that bartlein carbon wrapped was for looks. People buy cf for weight reduction. Same with proof. You want a 500lb rifle, you don't want a cf barrel, great dont buy one. But you got these comments because you made false statements and instead should have said, I wont be buying one because I don't care about weight savings. Not they are just for looks.

Just because you want to hike around with a $300 rifle means nothing to the rest of us. WAY more people in this world buy lighter 22lr for hunting, hiking around, kids shooting than the less than 1% of 22lr owners building 25lb 22lr to mimic their competition guns. By a WIDE margin.

Reactions: st1650
The monkey has nothing to do with the barrel...

Nobody cares what you use YOUR rifle for. You made a blanket statement that bartlein carbon wrapped was for looks. People buy cf for weight reduction. Same with proof. You want a 500lb rifle, you don't want a cf barrel, great dont buy one. But you got these comments because you made false statements and instead should have said, I wont be buying one because I don't care about weight savings. Not they are just for looks.

Just because you want to hike around with a $300 rifle means nothing to the rest of us. WAY more people in this world buy lighter 22lr for hunting, hiking around, kids shooting than the less than 1% of 22lr owners building 25lb 22lr to mimic their competition guns. By a WIDE margin.
Alright sir, you set me straight. I should have not posted anything because everyone has a different perspective or opinion.
And of course mine is wrong. I’m sorry that what I’ve said does not mean anything to the rest of you... I’ll keep quiet from now on and just enjoy reading and learning, that’s what I should have done in the first place. Thanks again for sharing your work on the RimX. Have a a great weekend too.

So i just got done building my first bolt gun...origin,proof,trigger tech ,manners

And i have to say i wanted a 22 and was just gona go build a 10/22 as i dont want to sink some coin into it but after dealing with all these companies its hard not to they just have dam good customer service and make it to easy to spend money when you know your going to get awesome results

So may end up with a rimx, proof, trigger tech and manners 22 that my wife will ask wtf is wrong with me and ill have another gun to show off and say hey i spend 5x on a 22 what i should have but its beautiful and shoots lights out lol

Just buy/build one for your wife. Cerakote it a girly colour.

She doesnt want another 22 this go around she wants a "big boy" gun as she put it currently she has a dd mk18 with a vortex 4x16 that keeps her entertained

Seems few places only have left hands in stock currently and while i am a leftie i prefer to keep my stuff right handed so may be waiting til the next batch

Any word on when they'll have a 17 WSM available?

If I recall, back a few months ago they were saying a 17 WSM build would be available in July.

Any word on when they'll have a 17 WSM available?

If I recall, back a few months ago they were saying a 17 WSM build would be available in July.
Extractors are going out for heat treat today, magazines will be back from anodize this week and bolt heads are going in the machines today. We're likely 5-7 weeks out on them with processing times, but hopefully sooner.

Thanks - Ray

I didn't shoot the gun. That's Marks 6PPC benchguns. First benchguns that I know of that has a CFW barrel on it. We made him only two barrels and he fitted both up to his two LV guns. We we're curious how they would shoot.

The cfw barrels the only reason we got into it after the 3rd time of testing was because customers where coming to us and asking us to look at it again. They wanted different options on cf besides what is currently available from other makers.

I don't feel cfw barrels fits every need....every rifle build. So I don't think it is for everyone. I'm building one for myself to play with....but I'm not going to replace every barrel on all of my rifles just to have cf. Like I said I don't feel it fits every build.....every application.

Later, Frank

Last edited:
Hey Guys, does anyone know of a good site to sell rifles, i was temp banned from here for trying to sell. Not sure what I did wrong but I cant sell here i guess

Has anyone on here done a 17 Mach 2 yet?

I don't even have my 22 barrel yet and am already dreaming of a 17 Mach 2 or HMR.

Sweet contribution to the RimX thread. Starting to understand why you were banned.
Well I apologize for asking a question, I am not sure where to go as I am in need of cash to help with upcoming medical bills, I was just told some very bad news about my health. I really meant no disrespect

Well I apologize for asking a question, I am not sure where to go as I am in need of cash to help with upcoming medical bills, I was just told some very bad news about my health. I really meant no disrespect

Try Armslist and Gunbroker, tatman3715.
Best of luck with your health! (y)
Prayers sent for you.

Hey Guys, does anyone know of a good site to sell rifles, i was temp banned from here for trying to sell. Not sure what I did wrong but I cant sell here i guess
I think that you have to have 100 posts before you are able to sell on here.

Didn't see someone already posted this.