• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

iGo4dXql.png

-----------
Follow on Instagram
Subscribe on YouTube

Joining the RimX club! Going to be moving up from the B14R which was no slouch at all. Action has been ordered and I'm waiting on Primal to ship the barrel. Exciting times to come. I have a PRS match coming up next month so it should be fun breaking it in at the same time.
Does 40 ft lbs sound right to torque on the barrel?

Joining the RimX club! Going to be moving up from the B14R which was no slouch at all. Action has been ordered and I'm waiting on Primal to ship the barrel. Exciting times to come. I have a PRS match coming up next month so it should be fun breaking it in at the same time.
Barrel torque I use the minimum 75 ft pounds stated on the Zermatt action wrench.

Welcome to the club. I just got mine all put together and it is a hammer. I asked Zermatt and the answer I got was between 40 and 80 ft lbs but to check with PVA (who did my barrel). Their recommendation is 70 ft lbs. You might want to double check with Primal.

Well looks like the website it back so he must have got it sorted out. When I looked yesterday it looked like it was removed.

View attachment 7799931Got the goods in. Thanks to Primal Rights for getting the barrel out. Time to get her squared away for Saturday’s match. It’s going to be stupid cold for us here in SE Texas this weekend.
Looks good! what is stupid cold in SE Texas I wonder? I’ll be at rifles only in a few weeks. It was -16 degrees in West Central WI this morning 😆

Can't wait to see how it shoots for you.

I've tested 3 of these new batch of barrels as of today... and so far they are unbelievable. Like "go win a benchrest smallbore event anywhere" kind of unbelievable. Avg in the mid to high .1's in bedded mcmillans.
Damn I’m pretty excited. I’m guessing with R50? I have some Center-X and SK Rifle Match at my disposal.

EE029342-507B-48E8-8CF5-2C8F905D0867.jpeg
9916FB39-D153-4A2A-A5BC-330F16A61508.jpeg

Today was not the day to try to shoot for any decent groups. It was rather windy at 10+mph and VERY switchy. I did a hasty tune as soon as the wind died for a few seconds before kicking back up. Setting 20 was the best for me. Pretty much one hole. Zeroed the best I could and it’ll do for the club match tomorrow.
CX and SK Rifle Match were around 980-990 fps give or take at 33 degF. I have to look at my notes to be sure.
I swapped out the tuner for a silver one that was on my B14R.

Zero feeding issues and I was running the bolt pretty hard. Butter smooth..

DA8AC234-1E8C-44EA-8405-2EA214555E26.jpeg
The match yesterday was ok I guess. I timed out a few stages and only connected 41/79. There were a few challenging stages. The best in Open did 67 so I’m not going to beat myself up. They are seasoned competitors. There were some hardcore gamers that were pretty crafty on some of the stages. But that’s a different story.. Again zero issues with feeding/extraction/ejection.

Went to the range today to collect more data since it was way warmer. Here’s what I have for MV Temp: 33 degF 987 FPS, 46 997, 61 1040, 74 1047. Ammo was Center-X.

I didn’t do a 6x5 but this was the best I could muster today. I was re-tuning since conditions were much better.

Last edited:
Reactions: Doctorwho1138
Can't wait to see how it shoots for you.

I've tested 3 of these new batch of barrels as of today... and so far they are unbelievable. Like "go win a benchrest smallbore event anywhere" kind of unbelievable. Avg in the mid to high .1's in bedded mcmillans.

That's great news! Mine was delivered today! Off to get cerakote and wait for a chassis....

Reactions: RS14
Spent less than $20 to rig up a barricade stop in about an hour. I’m not the first one to make something similar but I did decide to use a smaller clamp instead of a full size one. It’s very crude but works. I don’t have to worry about jamming a barricade or bag against the mag. I have a Manners PRS TCS coming in this week so it should with it as well.

Attachments

• 33559E4D-975B-46EF-826A-2D215B0C448D.jpeg
    33559E4D-975B-46EF-826A-2D215B0C448D.jpeg
    473.2 KB · Views: 90
  • FDF33915-C0EA-4AA6-834C-5BC736C29098.jpeg
    FDF33915-C0EA-4AA6-834C-5BC736C29098.jpeg
    452.3 KB · Views: 82
  • 2C48BCE7-DC30-4A3E-BB20-4339B6D3CBDA.jpeg
    2C48BCE7-DC30-4A3E-BB20-4339B6D3CBDA.jpeg
    368.3 KB · Views: 82
You mentioned a PRS TCS..... Hope this gives you some ideas.

My Rim-X with a 20" Keystone Accuracy 1:16, M24 Contour, Threaded, PADOM Match Chamber, in a Manners PRS TCS stock "Scorched Earth" camo, with a Night Force 7-35 ATACR.

Once life settles down I'll get a chance tweak the balance and zero this rig....

Attachments

• RIMX-PRS-TCS.jpeg
    RIMX-PRS-TCS.jpeg
    136.2 KB · Views: 159
Last edited:
You mentioned a PRS TCS..... Hope this gives you some ideas.

My Rim-X with a 20" Keystone Accuracy 1:16, M24 Contour, Threaded, PADOM Match Chamber, in a Manners PRS TCS stock "Scorched Earth" camo, with a Night Force 7-35 ATACR.

Once life settles down I'll get a chance tweak the balance and zero this rig....
Very nice. I snagged a Sedona camo from Altus and ordered the extra weights directly from Manners.
I placed a custom order through Manners but canceled it after finding one at Altus last week.

Reactions: jetsurgeon
What brand barrel did you go with? It seems padom likes the Bartlien, just wondering if there is enough difference to warrant the extra money for it?

After going through a half dozen 22's, 22's don't burn the barrel out, and they basically these latest actions RimX, Deuce, Vudoo are not leaving much on the table on why you would really feel the need to replace them so in terms of getting setup with a barrel, I'd just pay the premium and have that for the next decade that you'll enjoy.

For me over in the PNW, I found that Benchmark makes a mighty fine barrel and went that route. Find someone good to chamber it too, like DI Precision, or Modacam Rifles, or Howard Pitts over in TN.

@021411 -- I've added some descriptions to the photos. You can also get the weights directly from AREA419, 419 is the manufacture for the brass weights. Post up a few pics of the SEDONA camo for us to drool over! ;)

@MilSpecOkie -- For the RIM-X I snagged the barreled action "special deal" Keystone Accuracy was running back in the November / December time frame. It's a 20" Green Mountain 1:16" M24 barrel with the PADOM match chamber. Also it has a 2 stage BIX'n ANDY trigger (low sear) installed.

If you need to get longer posts for the Manners PRS TCS cheek piece, KMW Long Range Solutions LLC is the manufacture of the cheek piece hardware. The cheek piece hardware is their LOGGERHEAD ACP. You can purchase extra long posts from them at $11.45 a set.

Extra Long Logger Head ACP Posts

Added two more photos of my other rifles in the Manners PRS TCS stock, descriptions are on the photos. The 6.5 CM is in the BADLANDS camo, the 223 REM is in the HIGH PLAINS camo. All three rifles have the same barrel contour, M24.... This will give you some ideas on the different colors in the PRS TCS.

Hope this helps fellas!

Wishing you all the best,
Jeff

P.S. All the photos were taken with my iPhone 12 Mini, not sure I had the darn camera setup correctly, but the colors are pretty close to real life.

Attachments

• RIMX-PRS-TCS.jpeg
    RIMX-PRS-TCS.jpeg
    136.2 KB · Views: 172
  • 6_5_BADLANDS.jpeg
    6_5_BADLANDS.jpeg
    140.8 KB · Views: 205
  • 223_HIGH_PLAINS.jpeg
    223_HIGH_PLAINS.jpeg
    145.2 KB · Views: 207
Last edited:
Here’s something fun. Vudoo mag works just fine. But you guys already knew that. I wanted to see for myself. I was feeding it flat nose Tenex.

Reactions: Arkansan
Hi,

Here are some examples of a PVA 20" Barrel, 1/12 twist, bentz chamber?, ATS Tuner , Atlas Bipod, Rear Bag, Prone Position approx 50- 55 yrds.
I did not clean barrel during ammo change. Very little to no wind. 19-20 F , Sightron SIII 10-50 Scope @ 30X.

prZPvaI.jpg

2ZxUfXi.jpg

6WgKCCf.jpg

RimX is sittin pretty!
Took a class from Chris Simmons, came to the decision the right chassis checked all the boxes. Retired my McMillan M40A1.
RimX action, Bartlein barrel smithed by Travis Stevens TS Customs, XTSP Mod 22, two stage trigger, Murphy Precision 30 moa base, Nightforce ATACR 7x35x MilC, Accuracy International AT-X AICS chassis, WinTac weights. Homemade stabilizers (aluminum gizmos on top of the Gamechanger) Lets go shoot:)
IMG_2151.jpeg
IMG_2152.jpeg

Last edited:
2E7550F4-C8EB-4128-AE6C-63454E7F13B8.jpeg
60CFBDF7-86A6-4762-8504-3E486485F1B5.jpeg
1EE31166-7F13-46E4-BAC1-F9912688B5EC.jpeg
I was always curious about how the MK +3 extensions worked. Pretty nifty. There’s a trap door for the spring after the extension is installed. Fits 13rd no problems.

Reactions: RS14
9165F579-B1BE-4720-A6C6-DA77BB551783.jpeg
F21CD66C-6CC3-450A-97EE-29124A1298B6.jpeg

Nothing earth shattering but did some MV tweaking today and checked the dope. I have a match coming up and wanted to fine tune my dope a different way just to see this time. Top target was at 100y with a 6 mph left to right. Waterline is about 3/4” in height.
Bottom target was at 199y with same wind. Waterline is a smidge under 2” in height. The dominant cluster has 6 rounds in it.

Went from mpa chassis to stock today, while test firing at range 17 of 50 rounds did not fire, they have marks on rim but would not fire. Lapua and sk ammo, is this a mag height issue? Rounds come off mag and chamber fine just no firing.

Attachments

• 0C7A929C-3B73-4D89-B10C-DC1798E358DA.jpeg
    0C7A929C-3B73-4D89-B10C-DC1798E358DA.jpeg
    252.5 KB · Views: 114
  • 4A428F51-AB74-403B-AA37-616F5D42CFFB.jpeg
    4A428F51-AB74-403B-AA37-616F5D42CFFB.jpeg
    270.5 KB · Views: 110
Went from mpa chassis to stock today, while test firing at range 17 of 50 rounds did not fire, they have marks on rim but would not fire. Lapua and sk ammo, is this a mag height issue? Rounds come off mag and chamber fine just no firing.

All you did was switch from a chassis to a stick and things stopped working? No other changes? Trigger etc