• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ok guys I’m getting in the rimfire game and got the build well on the way.

Rimx w/ 1.2 20”GM barreled action
Xlr envy pro jv
March 4.5-28x52 HM
Arc rings

Need a trigger. What are you guy running for triggers? Is there one tigger that works better for the rimx as far as sear engagement? I was thinking TT or Bix

And do you guy think it worth putting a EC tunner with his adapter on it?

My Timney sear was too high, I was having way too many FTF's, swapped to a Trigger Tech Diamond and Problem solved, I have a new cocking lever Ray sent me from Zermatt arms, If you wanna try it with a Timney trigger ill send it to you postage paid

My set up now is feeding and working so well I dont wanna fix what isnt broke, my krg bravo stock has the ability to move the trigger guard in conjunction with the magazine adjustment all is perfect

Reactions: GS1000SN
Anyone set one of these up as a switch barrel? 17wsm and 22lr on the same stock and optic would be awesome. Something to shoot a 22 match and something to kill varmints with.

Reactions: QRE23
what do you guys think of rimx for a light weight squirrel gun. I have a cz 457 right now that works well but weighs around 8.5 pounds

Barrel contour and balance question for the group.

Between an M24 / MTU / Proof Competition, which one will give the best balance using a KRG Bravo stock? Length will be 22 inches.

Thanks for the insight
I have a 22" Heavy Palma contour from Keystone on my Rim-X, which is in a KRG. It doesn't feel nearly as barrel heavy as my 26" Criterion Heavy Varmint. I'll check the balance point this weekend and report back.

Reactions: MDrimfirerookie

Between an M24 / MTU / Proof Competition, which one will give the best balance using a KRG Bravo stock? Length will be 22 inches.

Thanks for the insight
Granted I have a 18" mtu vudoo and its in an xray so not apples to apples. I have the enclosed forend with a set of mdt weights at the very front mlok on mine, currently balances about 1-2" on front of magwell. Given that I really doubt a 16" would balance very well.

There's very little practical difference in those contours. Especially when cut to 22". I think you're challenge will be the light backend on the Bravo. It's one of those things where the same contour in 16" would probably balance perfectly but as you add weight out front there's nothing in the back to counter it.

I disagree. you can fit a shitload of wheel weights in the backend of a bravo.

There's very little practical difference in those contours. Especially when cut to 22". I think you're challenge will be the light backend on the Bravo. It's one of those things where the same contour in 16" would probably balance perfectly but as you add weight out front there's nothing in the back to counter it.
Thank you for the feedback. This is what I was trying to find out. I am aware that I can add weight to the rear of the Bravo, I'm also not set 100% on the Bravo either. Its just what I have the most time with. I'd LOVE to get a Manners TCS but I just can't swing it right now.

Suggestions for something with good balance with this set up?

Thank you for the feedback. This is what I was trying to find out. I am aware that I can add weight to the rear of the Bravo, I'm also not set 100% on the Bravo either. Its just what I have the most time with. I'd LOVE to get a Manners TCS but I just can't swing it right now.

Suggestions for something with good balance with this set up?

I've never seen a 22" MTU/M24 be too heavy for any chassis. You're always going to need more weight up front since these were all originally made for 26" barrels. My 22" barrels setups still require about 4 weights up front. For the Bravo, you might need only 2 weights up front.

Thanks for the insight
As others have mentioned, you are going to need weight in the back with those heavy contours.

KRG makes weighted spacers, those would certainly help.

I would also consider a heavy Palma contour.

what do you guys think of rimx for a light weight squirrel gun. I have a cz 457 right now that works well but weighs around 8.5 pounds
Not sure if you can find one these days, but the ProVarmint with 16.5" says 7.3 which is what I have....it's going in a Bravo next week expect it will be a bit lighter. Just as an option if you are having issues finding lighter options and like the CZ. SO excited to get a proper fitting stock on my 457. So dang accurate I just couldn't let myself look anywhere else I have one of those wow barrels that shoots any ammo really well.

TS Customs RimX, 24" Bartlien, #14 balances nicely
IMG_0720.jpeg

Reactions: Doctorwho1138

Thanks for the insight

I checked the balance point on mine and it is just slightly forward of the magazine well. No weights or spacers added to the rear of the stock. The scope is a Vortex Viper OST Gen 1 6-24x50 sitting in Seekins Precision rings for reference. With either of my rimfire suppressors the rifle is perfectly balanced for me.

I don't know. MK just posted it on his IG Feed. I sent them the magazine for design.

Gotcha, if it doesnt, Id question how reliable a +3 will be... I had a few of the Zermatt +5 when they came out and there just wasnt enough spring tension for 100% reliability for me over 10's of thousands of rounds. I would have rounds that just wouldnt be pushed up all the way so the bolt wouldnt grab them so I went back to using 4 10rd mags...

If there isnt a heavier/longer spring, I cant see how a +3 wouldnt have these same issues.

Maybe this has all been sorted out by Zermatt mags/extensions and this is a moot point, but thats first hand issues I had a year or so ago and I know others on here posted having the same issues back then...

I
Gotcha, if it doesnt, Id question how reliable a +3 will be... I had a few of the Zermatt +2 when they came out and there just wasnt enough spring tension for 100% reliability for me over 10's of thousands of rounds. I would have rounds that just wouldnt be pushed up all the way so the bolt wouldnt grab them so I went back to using 4 10rd mags...

If there isnt a heavier/longer spring, I cant see how a +3 wouldnt have these same issues.

Maybe this has all been sorted out by Zermatt mags/extensions and this is a moot point, but thats first hand issues I had and I know others on here posted having the same issues back then...
I have been using the Zermatt +5 extensions for almost 3K rounds without an issue yet.

I

I have been using the Zermatt +5 extensions for almost 3K rounds without an issue yet.

Sorry that was a typo on my part, +5 Zermatt I meant, correct. I had issues and like I said, if you go back through this thread you will see others did as well with the spring being too week. Like I said, Ive been out of the loop for the past year so this could be all worked out and maybe heavier or longer springs are now being used...

Im sure Ray can comment on that @Zermatt Arms

Gotcha, if it doesnt, Id question how reliable a +3 will be... I had a few of the Zermatt +2 when they came out and there just wasnt enough spring tension for 100% reliability for me over 10's of thousands of rounds. I would have rounds that just wouldnt be pushed up all the way so the bolt wouldnt grab them so I went back to using 4 10rd mags...

Maybe this has all been sorted out by Zermatt mags/extensions and this is a moot point, but thats first hand issues I had a year or so ago and I know others on here posted having the same issues back then...
I bought some +5 extensions from Zermatt but haven’t installed any of them because I have heard of feeding issues due to spring issues. I will be following and interested to hear others peoples opinions/experiences.

Gotcha, if it doesnt, Id question how reliable a +3 will be... I had a few of the Zermatt +5 when they came out and there just wasnt enough spring tension for 100% reliability for me over 10's of thousands of rounds. I would have rounds that just wouldnt be pushed up all the way so the bolt wouldnt grab them so I went back to using 4 10rd mags...

I have multiple +5 extensions. They are really robust but if you didn't stretch the existing spring substantially I would agree that you wouldn't have reliable feeding, especially the last 5 rounds.

I have multiple +5 extensions. They are really robust but if you didn't stretch the existing spring substantially I would agree that you wouldn't have reliable feeding, especially the last 5 rounds.

Oh I stretched mine as far as they could be stretched without destroying them and did a How To video you can find back in this thread on how to properly install the +5 extensions to get the full spring power. If you didnt install them properly and didnt know this was happening, the spring would curl in the bottom of the mag extension instead of sitting flat and cause 2 issues, not full spring tension and the mag loader wouldnt go all the way down so you couldnt fit the full 5 extra rounds in the mag because it would hit the curl...

Stretching the mag did nothing for me reliability wise with proper feeding... Im not sitting here saying they didnt work, Im saying they didnt feed 100% reliably day in and day out over many thousands of rounds during my RimX testing. It became frustrating enough to keep having to stop mid test and get off the rifle and fuck with the mag to get it feeding again that I removed the extensions from all my mags and just run 10rd mags problem free to date.

Oh I stretched mine as far as they could be stretched without destroying them and did a How To video you can find back in this thread on how to properly install the +5 extensions to get the full spring power. If you didnt install them properly and didnt know this was happening, the spring would curl in the bottom of the mag extension instead of sitting flat and cause 2 issues, not full spring tension and the mag loader wouldnt go all the way down so you couldnt fit the full 5 extra rounds in the mag because it would hit the curl...

Stretching the mag did nothing for me reliability wise with proper feeding... Im not sitting here saying they didnt work, Im saying they didnt feed 100% reliably day in and day out over many thousands of rounds during my RimX testing. It became frustrating enough to keep having to stop mid test and get off the rifle and fuck with the mag to get it feeding again that I removed the extensions from all my mags and just run 10rd mags problem free to date.
I have had the spring curling issue as well. They definitely are not easy to install with the stretched spring.
I have had very reliable feeding from my 2 mags with +5 extensions through thousands of rounds. It took some finer tuning with the mag height adjustment. Also with the mag being longer you have to be more conscious of putting to much pressure on the mag from bags, barricades and other obstacles.

I've got a Zermatt plus five and some new 3D printed ones in a plus 2, 3 and 5 from Cheapskate Precision. I've had zero feeding issues with any of them so far. Springs are a wear item though and I definitely will be looking at sourcing some replacements for the future.

Attachments

• 256642562_2770635119895759_8261523597590870717_n.jpg
    256642562_2770635119895759_8261523597590870717_n.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 86
I've got a Zermatt plus five and some new 3D printed ones in a plus 2, 3 and 5 from Cheapskate Precision. I've had zero feeding issues with any of them so far. Springs are a wear item though and I definitely will be looking at sourcing some replacements for the future.

Wolff springs (https://www.gunsprings.com) are local to me. About 15min away and a good friend of mine is good friends with owners. I may reach out and see if they want to make RimX mag springs......

Sorry that was a typo on my part, +5 Zermatt I meant, correct. I had issues and like I said, if you go back through this thread you will see others did as well with the spring being too week. Like I said, Ive been out of the loop for the past year so this could be all worked out and maybe heavier or longer springs are now being used...

Im sure Ray can comment on that @Zermatt Arms
There haven't been any changes. We've heard of issues here and there but there just hasn't been enough consistency to warrant a product change at this point.

If you'd like to try a new spring, just let me know and we'll get that sorted out.

Wolff is making the current springs for us now. So they may be able to help out on that for you.

Thanks - Ray

There haven't been any changes. We've heard of issues here and there but there just hasn't been enough consistency to warrant a product change at this point.

If you'd like to try a new spring, just let me know and we'll get that sorted out.

Wolff is making the current springs for us now. So they may be able to help out on that for you.

Thanks - Ray

Hey Ray. Hope all is well, its been a while.

Thanks for the reply. Good info, maybe Ill try them again with a new spring if you want to send me one and I can see if the feeding problems go away. Glad to hear Wolff is making the current springs, so shouldnt be too hard for them to make a heavier spring. Ill test another spring from you before diving into a new spring from wolff..

Happy Holidays!

Reactions: Zermatt Arms
The mag springs are pretty much the same as the ones in my 22 conversion kits for pistol mags so I tried some Advantage Arms longer springs but the diameter of the spring is just slightly larger and rub on the inside of the mag channel. The increased resistance of the rubbing negates the extra tension it might have provided and feels bad so those springs are not a solution.

I recently got a +5 and after making sure the spring was installed correctly (it's really easy not to have it in the bottom correctly) it's been working well.

Reactions: BisSilent
Very premature but I talked to my buddy who reached out to Wolff owner he's good friends with.

He said he would see the next time they are doing a zermatt production run about doing some custom springs at the end of the run.. he said for the +5 extension lengthing and adding extra coils will do it.

I'll keep you posted but I have a new spring from Ray inbound (thanks Ray @Zermatt Arms ) and possibly some longer springs in the works..

Last edited:
I had exactly the same experience with an early left handed action. Ray sent a new extractor and tensioner that totally solved the issue. Since I've used three different barrels and two different chassis and in over 2K rounds have not had a single failure to feed, eject or fire. Reliability has been 100%. Thanks Ray / Rim-X!

Action-Rim-X
Chassis- MPA Matrix / KRG Bravo
Barrels- Bartlien / Shillen / PVA 1-12
Trigger- B&A Tac Sport Pro 2 stage (low sear)
Glass- Night Force NX8 4x32
Same issue here, am chatting with Ray to help tune her. When she shoots, man is she a nail driver.

Attachments

• 72461991-1ECE-4093-B1C2-CE75FA4A955D.jpeg
    72461991-1ECE-4093-B1C2-CE75FA4A955D.jpeg
    634 KB · Views: 127
  • 69173170-6C3D-4371-ADAC-C6E3D5CFF81B.jpeg
    69173170-6C3D-4371-ADAC-C6E3D5CFF81B.jpeg
    630.6 KB · Views: 143