• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

I snuck out to the range after work and finished the session with my RimX chambered by Manzella Precision. After 20 warmup shots with SK Standard I started on a fresh target and shot 2 mags worth. Average group of 0.34” was making me smile. Tough to beat that with yellow box ammo!

Side note, the Garmin Xero picked up every shot and this box of ammo averaged 1052 fps with an ES of 51 fps and an SD of 12.8.

IMG_1140.jpeg

Thanks for your replies but I'm not seeing anything.
20231106_091458.jpg

Thank you

Thanks for the link but was looking for a Rimx logo shirt.

I guess this is one of those instances where " a picture is worth a thousand words ". As mentioned it IS difficult to see but when you finally see it I expect you will be surprised it is hiding in plain sight. It is one ONE of the end flaps on the coloured surface. That portion is "hinged" for lack of a better term. It is on the portion that tucks into the box and is NOT visible when the box is closed up. Sorry I cannot send you a photo.
Regards,
Daniel

Reactions: fiddlefadel
Hey guys, New member here. I have ben looking for an informative thread on the RimX and found it here. Did a lot of reading and picked up some information. I am planning a RimX build and am looking for a Canadian smith that knows the RimX platform. Any suggestions? Buying single stuff out of the states is a huge hassle for most Canadians as well as expensive, luckily we have suppliers that bring stuff in but they don't do smithing. Anyone know a "guy" in the great white north?

Reactions: Pipefitter I’m
Try Northland Shooters Supply. I just bought one there. Good luck

Exciting day at the Laupa Test Center. Ryan Sponauer and I fixtured up my RimX/Mike Manzella barrel and went to work. We shot 9 lots of Center X and 9 of Midas +. The results were examined and few more lots shot to validate. We concluded this thing absolutely shoots lights out! Both targets show two ten shot groups and the 20 shot combined target. Top target is 50 meters and lower is 100 meters.
20230715_070252.jpg

Screenshot_20231204_171204_Samsung Notes.jpg

Screenshot_20231204_170948_Samsung Notes.jpg

Exciting day at the Laupa Test Center. Ryan Sponauer and I fixtured up my RimX/Mike Manzella barrel and went to work. We shot 9 lots of Center X and 9 of Midas +. The results were examined and few more lots shot to validate. We concluded this thing absolutely shoots lights out! Both targets show two ten shot groups and the 20 shot combined target. Top target is 50 meters and lower is 100 meters.
View attachment 8288708
View attachment 8288709
View attachment 8288710
Looks to be a shooter. Is the thread protector loose? It looks to have a bit of a gap, but maybe its just the picture…

View attachment 8288708
View attachment 8288709
View attachment 8288710

Is that Edge to Edge or C-C? Nice shooting.

Any updates to the Shilen barrel? Haven’t kept up if you did any posts about it.

Funny you ask, I took it with me to the range Friday, pulled it out, had 20 or so lots of different ammo to test. Got it in the rest, loaded up a few mags and no bolt in the gun. Left it on the bench back in the shop... grrrrr

Plan is to try to get out again this friday....with the bolt this time 😒

Funny you ask, I took it with me to the range Friday, pulled it out, had 20 or so lots of different ammo to test. Got it in the rest, loaded up a few mags and no bolt in the gun. Left it on the bench back in the shop... grrrrr

Plan is to try to get out again this friday....with the bolt this time 😒
Damn that sucks but I’m looking forward to it good or bad.

Just curious. Who has the patent for the adjustable height AICS magazine? Is it RimX ? Is it only for rimfire ? Anyone has the patent number ?

Just curious. Who has the patent for the adjustable height AICS magazine? Is it RimX ? Is it only for rimfire ? Anyone has the patent number ?

I could be wrong, but I don't think there is a patent on it. Both RimX and L3i make adjustable height mag catches and there are probably a couple centerfire options out there that I've never seen. Neither RimX or L3i list a patent number. Several companies also make adjustable mag release systems and I've never seen them mention a patent.

Damn that sucks but I’m looking forward to it good or bad.

Got out today to test this shilen. Not the best conditions it was off and on gusty but I wanted to get some testing done.

Setup at 100yd from the bench with my NEO and started testing lots. All 20rd groups. With the wind we weren't going to be winning any benchrest competitions but I was looking for what lots of ammo stood out for future testing at 200 and 300yd.

First up was 2 new lots of SK+ and SK RM that I received recently.. the SK+ actually performed pretty well.

Various lots of CX didn't impress at all. Nowhere near as spectacular as it performed in all my other 16 twist barrels. Complete opposite.

Next up I testes a few lots of R50. They performed much better. 2 lots really stood out in these windy conditions.

I have a lot more lots of of R50, CX and SK available to test but I'll probably do some 200yd and 300yd testing on the next calm day with these 2 best R50 lots..

Stay tuned for more testing but I don't see this 12 twists shooting any better than my 16 twists and actually these CX lots shooting worse than they do in my 16 twists.

See how it performs at farther distances next

Just as an update. I got out today, little calmer/more predictable conditions but still 5-10mph off and on wind.

I shot 2 10rd groups of each ammo. Shot 8 different lots/types of ammo with mostly the ones that did best yesterday at 100yd with a few new ones. Another lot of CX and SK+..

My final take aways.... for my second fast twist barrel testing I didn't find it standing out at any distance from 50-200yd compared to all my 16 twist barrels.

It shot equally as well as most my other barrels at 100 and 200. It didn't like CX.. it shot R50 at distance best like most my other barrels.

The best lots of R50 shot sub moa @ 200yd 10shots.. SK+ and CX shot huge groups at 200yd.. RWS Special match.. 1 out of 3 lots shot as good as the best lots of R50...the others shot sub 2.5" groups... all groups I shot were 10 shot groups.

I'm pulling the barrel and will be posting it up in the PX.

Next up is a brand new 1.2" 416SS Green Mountain from Manzella. This is from a recent batch I bought from GM directly. See if they are still putting out tack drivers.

I just got back from the range. Tough conditions today with unpredictable 10-15mph gusts.

Wanted to get some rounds down this brand new 20" Green Mountain 1.2" 416SS from Manzella with my 22lr Match Eachus Chamber.

I shot 12 different ammo/lots at 100yd all 10 shot groups. I was suprised with the results in these conditions. I'll get the targets posted up here in a little bit but this barrel is really going to shoot.

Here the targets from today. While it was gusty, this brand new GM showed its going to shoot.

Can't wait to shoot it again on a calm day.

R50 and RWS Special Match stood out. Just impossible to keep 10 shots tight with the conditions.

Here the targets from today. While it was gusty, this brand new GM showed its going to shoot.

Can't wait to shoot it again on a calm day.

R50 and RWS Special Match stood out. Just impossible to keep 10 shots tight with the conditions.

I’ve had two Green Mountain barrels on my RimX, one with your chamber and the other with a Nevius. Both shot extremely well, I regret selling both of them.

Reactions: padom
I’ve had two Green Mountain barrels on my RimX, one with your chamber and the other with a Nevius. Both shot extremely well, I regret selling both of them.

This is my 8 or 9th and haven't had a bad one yet. Best RimX barrel dollar for dollar out there IMHO.

Manzella has 4 or 5 left last I talked to him.

Anyone know which smith's will do a 17HMR?
I've had LotharWalther prefit on order with Opticsplanet (I know) for close to six months without any idea when it will actually ship.

Anyone know which smith's will do a 17HMR?
I've had LotharWalther prefit on order with Opticsplanet (I know) for close to six months without any idea when it will actually ship.
I suggest to get a barrel vice and Zermatt action wrench and do it yourself like most. Another option would be if you find another shooter in your area to help you out.

I suggest to get a barrel vice and Zermatt action wrench and do it yourself like most. Another option would be if you find another shooter in your area to help you out.
I mean chamber/ thread a blank, I'm not sure if I'll ever get the prefit that I ordered.