• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Range Report Ballistic AE .. what is it missing that you want..

Great app. My wish list is:
1. Ability to calculate holds based on the mil dot. ie. based on the caliber and ammo, what distance does each dot correspond to?
2. Mil-dot ranging to be able to specify the target size in metric (not sure if it can do this, but I can't seem to find it)

I want it to save my settings after I close it!

This. I have my HUD setup and going and lock my phone but usually I go back in and the setting for the HUD are gone with no profile selected. It would be nice to open it up and always have the HUD ready to go.

I just purchased this app a few weeks ago, and hVe just experienced a couple glitches I guess you could say. I'm using an iPhone 4S with the newest software (6.1.3). When I input my data into the range card and go to input a target picture from my library, the target screen, where I would input my hit data goes black and/or resets to the default target. Just curious if I'm doing something to cause this? Thanks for your time.

Never mind. I figured it out. The program didn't like when the title was "zeroing 10/22", it worked fine with just "zeroing" for the title, but not with 10/22.

Back to my other post. Functionality similar to the app Istrelok would be great. Holds based on specific reticle types.

setting/.....save state on....

been there done that.....doesn't help for the HUD at least not all the time. seems like if i go back to it in a short time with will still have my settings but after a longer wait it goes back to "no profile selected" on the HUD.

been there done that.....doesn't help for the HUD at least not all the time. seems like if i go back to it in a short time with will still have my settings but after a longer wait it goes back to "no profile selected" on the HUD.

odd... do u also have it default to the hud on load?... are you running any "app killer" programs to close things that your not using?

just tested shooter and AE.. both did the same thing,,, if u close it for a long time it resets... im guessing its a IOS thing... if u just lock it, its fine

Here's a few more:
ability to enter cosine value instead of angle.
Built in calculator/unit converter

Was thinking. The ability to setup the program with a particular bullet, BC, Velo etc. and email it like a vCard to someone. Once they receive it and click on it, it is installed and opened.

So I could email it to a friend and they could be ready to go. Just a thought. Hope it helps!

I have skimmed this thread and may have missed it somewhere....

How about Wind "brackets"?

A setting to allow you to set it to "bracket" wind with a High and Low input.... In turn you can get a "bracketed" solution in Adjustments and a reticle page showing the holds for High and Low...

Just another thought...

On the rangefinding section of the app, it would be helpful to have reticle choices, ie: ebr-mrad, g2, ect. Streylok is a app that offers this ability if you want something to compare what I'm talking about.

On the rangefinding section of the app, it would be helpful to have reticle choices, ie: ebr-mrad, g2, ect. Streylok is a app that offers this ability if you want something to compare what I'm talking about.

Exactly my thoughts.

I'd also like a ranging calculator where I can put in the width or height of a target, and the size in mils and have it generate a chart like it does for the drop charts.

Hey, guys, this thing isn's supposed to do EVERYTHING!!!

The more you want it to do, the more difficult it makes it to use . . . don't forget that.

Jeezzz, by the time you put all of that crap in, the window time for your shot has passed and you'll have to put all new data in, and by then, it'll be gone again.

KISS . . .

Hey, guys, this thing isn's supposed to do EVERYTHING!!!

The more you want it to do, the more difficult it makes it to use . . . don't forget that.

Jeezzz, by the time you put all of that crap in, the window time for your shot has passed and you'll have to put all new data in, and by then, it'll be gone again.

KISS . . .

Well, since this is a wish list....

Wouldn't you just need it to give the range and turret adjustments for that target?

Erm, I misspoke. Let's say I am going to be shooting one or more targets of known size but unknown distance in a timed stage -- Being able to generate a chart in an increment (like .1 mils) of distances based on the width/height of the target would be cool. :)

Hi,
How come when printing my range card, wind velocity (10m/s) and wind angle (90°) do not show up in the upper part of the page?
On the other hand, correction appear down the page in the bullet trajectory. It is kind of confusing when printing different wind velocities.
Am I the only one to have this issue?

Attachments

• BAE.JPG
    BAE.JPG
    55.8 KB · Views: 29
Love this app! The only thing I could possibly think of to wish for is when using the LOS indicator, I believe the only way you can use it is by laying the iPhone flat and parallel to the gun. I have one of those knights armament iphone attachers, and It functions with the screen facing the shooter. I was wondering if you can make it so the LOS indicator can be used in this configuration?

OK, for the life of me, I can't figure out how to add another "Favorite" to the HUD.
I've got the SMK 168 loaded as a favorite, but I just can't figure out how to add the 175 SMK.

HELP !!!!!

I downloaded this app for my new Android phone and it does not work. I tried to resolve the issue with the developer and after 2 emails back and forth he stopped responding. Its been a week or so now and nothing. I'm sure the problem has to do with this being a phone that just came out (samsung S4), however now I'm stuck with a useless icon and out $30.

I'm sure he's working on getting the issue fixed up, I honestly would not worry about it. Give it a little time and I'm sure he'll get the app updated.

I'm sure he's working on getting the issue fixed up, I honestly would not worry about it. Give it a little time and I'm sure he'll get the app updated.
I don't have an issue with it taking time for him having to fix it. I have an issue with him stopping all communication... This isn't a 99 cent app.. so I do expect good/fast customer service.

I haven't had time to read through all the recent posts again, but I would really like to be able to enter a range/wind/direction instead of using the slider/wheels and have it spit out a correction.

ill send him a email to stop by here as well

Hey man, sorry I fudged up. I mixed this up with the ballistic app made by brian litz for android. Ive used the Ballistic AE app on my last iPhone and it worked flawlessly.

Have you guys thought about making this app for android?

Last edited:
Nice program. I have a question regarding sending target data. I email it from Ballistic AE on my ipad but when I open it on my apple computer the text is fine but the target picture is all number gibberish. Not sure what I'm doing wrong. Thanks in advance

Lost my post #'s and the last few posts were all numbered 1. Strange, but it looks like it's finally working and I've moved up to post #2.

Last edited:
All I want is an easily accessed, and intuitive on-line tutorial . .

Absolutely!

Also, this might even be in the program somewhere and I don't know about it, but can a small function be added to convert Mils to MOA and vice versa.
I was shooting today and the rifle I was shooting was in MOA and I got all screwed up. I tried finding it on the app, but couldn't find it for the life of me.

Had to resort to the calculator on my phone......which made my head hurt. :)

Just got the app and it is by far one of the hardest ballistic apps to figure out. Not because it has a lot of features, but because it's input system is not as clear as it should be.
So my thoughts...
"Favorites" should be first, and really it should be called "Ballistics Profiles". (like what it's call in the other HUD and Range tabs, it's not consistent or clear)
I didn't know what it was a "Favorite" of... favorite target, load, distance rifle... just didn't make sense at first.
The "Trajectory" tab is mislabeled too. It's more like an "Inputs" tab. Only at the very end of it do you actually calculate trajectories.

The fact that all you can do is load, view, and delete favorites from the "Favorites" tab is a waste. This tab is under utilized. You need to be able to modify your favorites' inputs too. Or why not be able to create a Favorite in the the "Favorite" tab? That would make sense to people.

Saving a favorite was almost impossible to find... it should be at the bottom of the "Trajectory" tab or the top of the tab. Since favorites has it's own tab, it should be real easy to save them. Better yet save ALL trajectory tables as a favorites.

Why do I have to load a profile in the "Range" and "HUD" tab after I already loaded it from "Favorites" tab?
It's annoying to have to load a profile for each tab.

The "Target" tab is a nice feature but it's not linked to any profiles/favorites, and here again I find myself typing in info that could be just "loaded" in when I load a favorite. These targets need to be linked to the favorites some way or another. They really are just separate entities by themselves.

Most all other apps have better profile management then Ballistic AE. The creator needs to look at some other apps to see what I mean and get a better input system.

Bottom line:
All I really want to do is load a profile enter in that day's weather conditions and have all the tabs be updated to use them.
Give me a ballistic table tab, range finder tab, reticle tab and the HUD tab with all the info loaded and ready to use.
If I could get a matching reticle with ranges and wind like iStrelok does, it would be a complete solution.

Can someone help me? Am I doing something wrong?

This keeps poping up

Cannot Calculate
Unable to calculate ballistics for
these condidtions. pm_tj_derivs():
Y(d->V) >DBL_MIN

I am trying to get the trajectory for .223 rem 77gr SMK moving at 2680 fps. I cant get any of the 223 rem to work except for the 55gr V-Max which I had in my favorites from a while back that I did.

Last edited:
Only time I have not seen it calculate is this senario..

You input current atmosphere and in the temperture/Mach window you did not let the temp covert to the mach number. (If you input 90.2 temp and it doesnt convert to the mach number it will not calculate)

What is Mach number?

everything looks the same as my .308 does, but the bullet and Velocity.

Last edited:
Can someone help me? Am I doing something wrong?

This keeps poping up

Cannot Calculate
Unable to calculate ballistics for
these condidtions. pm_tj_derivs():
Y(d->V) >DBL_MIN

I am trying to get the trajectory for .223 rem 77gr SMK moving at 2680 fps. I cant get any of the 223 rem to work except for the 55gr V-Max which I had in my favorites from a while back that I did.

could be u left something out, or have a bad number in some field.. if u can post screen shots of your settings it may help...

u can upload free to Minus - Share simply.

Last edited:
Bought the AE app several months ago and just started to use it. So far, I really like it! Could you give a basic explanation on range finding? Not sure how that works.