• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

I'm quite happy with my 16" carbon wrapped RimX.
Went straight to 400 yards today after verifying my zero at 100.

4500 DA
30C
approx 4-6 MPH 9-12oclock variable wind but pretty steady during the group shooting. I was holding left about 1.5 mil if I recall.
Medium mirage
Took the pics through a cheap bushnell legend 15-45 spotter with milrad
Eley Match Pistol (has more consistent SD in my barrel compared to the EPS for some reason)
Roughly 1088 FPS, 19.1-19.3 mils of elevation from 50 yards zero on a Bushnell HDMR

pFSiVWR.jpg

It's an honest 1.25 moa group I'd say

XleaS7F.jpg

Last edited:
I purchased an action from Altus and it will be here today or tomorrow. I also bought the action wrench, Bore guide and a few spare mags. I always jump deep in the rabbit hole!!!

Someone discuss 1:12 twist barrels w/ or w/ out a tuner. I want to stick to my SK lineup of ammo. +, Rifle Match & Long Range. I have case + of each one. I currently shoot NRL22 with a PRS Rimfire or X Match tossed in every couple of months. My Local Club also has a 400 yard range and we do some measuring contests from time to time.

Current setup is a Vudoo in an XYLO Chassis. I planned to just swap chassis depending on what type match I'm shooting. I don't have a problem buying a barrel vice to swap it all at the house and just use a 1:16 for 100 and in. ( Recommend me a vice )

Will the 1:12 still do what I need it to from 100 in that I could transition down to 1 setup???

Will and ATS Tuner do what I need it to on a M24 or MTU barrel 22" long?
[ I understand it will be tuned for 1 lot and when that one runs out it's a re tune for the next. ]

I purchased an action from Altus and it will be here today or tomorrow. I also bought the action wrench, Bore guide and a few spare mags. I always jump deep in the rabbit hole!!!
You may need additional weight on a standard tuner, Harrells for example, on a relatively short thick hence rigid bbl. screw in at kits have been in use for years
Someone discuss 1:12 twist barrels w/ or w/ out a tuner. I want to stick to my SK lineup of ammo. +, Rifle Match & Long Range. I have case + of each one. I currently shoot NRL22 with a PRS Rimfire or X Match tossed in every couple of months. My Local Club also has a 400 yard range and we do some measuring contests from time to time.

Current setup is a Vudoo in an XYLO Chassis. I planned to just swap chassis depending on what type match I'm shooting. I don't have a problem buying a barrel vice to swap it all at the house and just use a 1:16 for 100 and in. ( Recommend me a vice )

Will the 1:12 still do what I need it to from 100 in that I could transition down to 1 setup???

[ I understand it will be tuned for 1 lot and when that one runs out it's a re tune for the next. ]

Congrats on the RimX....I really like the VIPER BARREL VISE. It has worked great for me. I just use a layer of drywall tape and snug it down, no issues.

Reactions: Defender32
I have a 1:12 PVA on my RimX. I have used it in our 25-100 yds ORPS competitions with no issue, and our CRPS/NRS which has targets out to 400 yds. My experience with the barrel is that 25-200 the 1:12 performs similar to 1:16 in my friends Vudoos. Where you start to see a difference is 200+. FWIW my gun also likes SK ammo, I use standard plus for plinking and our 25-100 comps and LRM for the more serious competition

I have a 1:12 PVA on my RimX. I have used it in our 25-100 yds ORPS competitions with no issue, and our CRPS/NRS which has targets out to 400 yds. My experience with the barrel is that 25-200 the 1:12 performs similar to 1:16 in my friends Vudoos. Where you start to see a difference is 200+. FWIW my gun also likes SK ammo, I use standard plus for plinking and our 25-100 comps and LRM for the more serious competition
@Grizzly_PRS are you using a tuner ar just find a lot that it likes?

If tuning I guess the tune is close enough between the 2 ammo's that it don't matter or are you having to adjust it for those particular matches?

The PVA was the barrel I was looking at in a 22" and ordering it with an ATS Tuner.

@Grizzly_PRS are you using a tuner ar just find a lot that it likes?

If tuning I guess the tune is close enough between the 2 ammo's that it don't matter or are you having to adjust it for those particular matches?

The PVA was the barrel I was looking at in a 22" and ordering it with an ATS Tuner.
I have an Insite Arms tuner that I haven't been able to get out an test. I will most likely just tune for my LRM as that is my primary match ammo. STD+ is also close to my LRM in terms of velocities that I don't think the tune will be majorly different between the two ammos. But I will get out and test and report back here.

Theres not one their pre-head spaced the only way to tighten the .045 is to face the bolt and move the tenon shoulder back . I dont reccomend this the extractor has no room for material removal , without inciting ejection problems.

So if there is no timing and simply going to a torque spec, is there any reason why one can't just do muzzle-end wrench flats like a centerfire rifle barrel rather than the action wrench + barrel vice combo? I have fallen into the rimfire rabbit hole, and was really contemplating selling my current 17hmr and 22lr and going Rim-X for both. While I have no issue with the action wrench method, it would be nice to use the same tools as my centerfire stuff.

She is getting a little closer. The PVA 1:12T is in and just needs to be torqued down. TT Diamond Flat is in route a Pro Curve will be there for a little bit.
tempImageqvr2iS.png
tempImagetPM20M.png
tempImageJQlFfQ.png

Reactions: RS14
Please let me know how the PVA 12 twist works. I just ordered one but have been unable to find reports on accuracy.

I have herd nothing but great things about it. I talked to Josh and told him my plans and ammo choices. He basically said if you can the barrel will. I did get to compete against one this past weekend at an X Match. He finished 4th and I finished 28th. I don't think ill be disappointed once I get it all dialed in. Trying to do that before the X Match Labor Day weekend and the next PRS Rimfire Match.

I was finally able to install the trigger, torque the barrel and mount the optic. I zeroed at 50 with SK Standard+. It was a Lot the Vudoo shot well. 40 rounds of it and it was OK. I then installed the ATS Tuner and switched to Rifle Match and made some moves. It’s time to go to the Gun Range and get the tune final adjustments. I only have 110 rounds down the tube but DAMN. I couldn’t be happier.

Build
PVA 22” 1:12T M24 5/8-24 Thread.
ATS Tuner.
ARC XYLO Chassis.
ARC Rings 34mm Med
Burris XTR3 5.5-30/56 SCR2 Mil/Mil

1B491BD6-C1E3-41CB-BBDB-2E0E65C10818.jpeg
977D3D7E-3BEB-4B22-ADA2-5CD01AA53A72.jpeg
ECDF550C-8921-428D-B6F7-152851C89877.jpeg

I pulled #5 so I sent #6 into the same hole.
CA3D395E-D574-4A47-8110-CC5221179D46.jpeg

Attachments

• 09C7CCE4-3ADE-44FA-8015-1B477A54D19A.jpeg
    09C7CCE4-3ADE-44FA-8015-1B477A54D19A.jpeg
    580.9 KB · Views: 58
Hey everyone, I'm curious here as to maybe what others have seen. I sent my RimX off to Lapua for testing and got my results back and they are not amazing. The results fell outside of the "acceptable" range. I'm running a 18in Proof Research competition barrel. I sent a note to Proof asking what folks have seen as a good combo of ammo in their barrels and got a response back that many of their personal setup have seen great results with Center-X and they were better with other ammo. But they didn't say what? I'm looking to see what folks here have seen.

Hey everyone, I'm curious here as to maybe what others have seen. I sent my RimX off to Lapua for testing and got my results back and they are not amazing. The results fell outside of the "acceptable" range. I'm running a 18in Proof Research competition barrel. I sent a note to Proof asking what folks have seen as a good combo of ammo in their barrels and got a response back that many of their personal setup have seen great results with Center-X and they were better with other ammo. But they didn't say what? I'm looking to see what folks here have seen.
I'm curious to what the results you get from them look like...do you care to share?

Reactions: Emerson0311
I honestly haven’t been particularly impressed with my RimX 18” proof. SK red box was the best ammo I found through it. And I tried everything. It was good enough to win some matches. But my bone stock cz 457 was way more accurate/consistent. Just got my PVA RimX barrel in today to hopefully get better results.

I run a 18" proof carbon fiber barrel on mine and my groups look a lot like Bissilent's (maybe a tad larger). I use several different lots of SK standard + and thus far they all have shot very well. I just ordered a few boxes of various lapua ammos so I'll let you know how that goes.

In order to ensure you did not have a carbon ring in the chamber. Did you clean and scope your barrel before you sent it out to Lapua? My Proof starts to develop a carbon ring right around 500 rounds and if I let it go to 700 or so it the groups open up and it gets random flyers.

Thanks for the info guys. I'll post the results here in a bit to share once I have time after work. As for cleaning I did clean it before I sent it in but I don't have a barrel scope so maybe I need one to validate the cleaning. :) I did clean it because I started noticing groups opening up and not some much because I was sending it in to get tested. I just happened to jump on sending it in at that particular time.

Thanks for the info guys. I'll post the results here in a bit to share once I have time after work. As for cleaning I did clean it before I sent it in but I don't have a barrel scope so maybe I need one to validate the cleaning. :) I did clean it because I started noticing groups opening up and not some much because I was sending it in to get tested. I just happened to jump on sending it in at that particular time.
Let me know if you need/want me to bring my Teslong borescope to the range at the next match. Mitchell ;)

Reactions: go4ityoda
I finally got a chance Sunday Morning to get to the Range and verify DOPE out to 400 and fine tune the ATS Tuner at 100. This 12T PVA Barrel is legit. Do not second guess these guys. I had to make 1 Cal DSF Adjustment at the 300 mark. It called for 14.6 and it was a 14.05. My average velocity is 1076 for 30 rounds. SD was 3-7 and ES was 18-22. I did have a couple that went 1098 and I deleted those shots. They always have potential of being there. This is SK Rifle Match.
tempImageb97DYi.png
00134ADE-9C85-4099-B50A-BA94C3BB4309_1_201_a.jpeg
FFC25B9D-08AF-4DC2-BF78-ECDC111B3AD7_1_201_a.jpeg
E30F5B82-02C6-4FAF-887B-9DA4BCC26237_1_201_a.jpeg
tempImagefdjzTu.png
47EED0EE-3A96-432B-A8C0-001CC31CF5F9_1_201_a.jpeg
1FA4CB16-27FA-4C39-A74C-104AAF42F997_1_201_a.jpeg
tempImagejSTVdp.png

I’ve got a PVA 12 twist on the way. Looking forward to testing this at range. typical match’s I shoot push out to 350 yards. Talked with Josh at PVA and he really knows his stuff! Rim-X in MPA Matrix is my “drug of choice”.

That he does. I came off of a 20" Vudoo to this rifle and have another Vudoo on order in a 22" MTU for my 16 twist. I don't know how much it will get shot with this 12T shooting this damn good.

Sorry about the delay getting this uploaded to share. Here's the results from my test at Lapua. I've redacted some information per the request by Lapua. I can share some specifics in DM but for the broader sharing this should do. Let me know what you guys think.

Attachments

• RimX-LapuaTesting 08-04-2021.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 207
Reactions: BisSilent
Sorry about the delay getting this uploaded to share. Here's the results from my test at Lapua. I've redacted some information per the request by Lapua. I can share some specifics in DM but for the broader sharing this should do. Let me know what you guys think.
The batch that starts with 10- shoots pretty damn good. I assume the squares are cm since everything else looks metric.

The batch that starts with 10- shoots pretty damn good. I assume the squares are cm since everything else looks metric.
Yep, it is just outside of acceptable for their testing. Meaning it could be better. :) Likely for me that'll be fine. I may also go for a 1:12 barrel later as another upgrade but for now this should work well.

Reactions: BisSilent
I honestly haven’t been particularly impressed with my RimX 18” proof. SK red box was the best ammo I found through it. And I tried everything. It was good enough to win some matches. But my bone stock cz 457 was way more accurate/consistent. Just got my PVA RimX barrel in today to hopefully get better results.
The proofs chambers are to loose mine shoots OK at 50 but it's a dawg out past that.

Lefty's... I need your help to spread the word. I thought there were more of you, so I tried to take care of you... but these things aren't moving. So we're selling them literally well below our cost. Two match-ready 22lr's and a lightweight 17HMR, all world class builds from TS Customs. $4000 ea.

Hawkins bottom metal. Triggertech triggers. LOP Spacers, mlok rails, tscustoms cheek hardware, flush cups, masterfully bedded, etc etc etc.

Call me at 605-554-1911

mjwc1Psh.jpg

We have a bunch of 17WSM's in stock and ready to go! The best possible platform for the 17WSM. Give me a call! - 605-554-1911

Standard Specifcations:
Zermatt Arms RimX Action
Lilja 9-twist .17 Barrel, 20" length, Threaded 1/2x28 w/cap, Cerakote black
McMillan A3A Edge (carbon fiber) Stock
McMillan Molded-In Carbon Ambush Patterns
McMillan LOP Spacer System & Soft Recoil Pad
TS Customs Adjustable Cheek Piece Hardware with QA Knob
Flush Cup Sling Mounts Front/Back & Left/Right
Hawkins Precision Bottom Metal
Henderson MLOK Rail Flush-Mounted in Forearm
Triggertech Diamond & Special Triggers
Typical Weight - 9lbs
OAL w/20" barrel & spacers - 40"

z9NGJYbh.jpg

u8ohPiVh.jpg

Last edited:
Finally got my Rimx built today. I added a radius to the tensioner that was discussed awhile back. I still have ejection issues and after looking everything over it appears I do not have an ejector in my action.... I noticed there is a screw in the side of the action the appears to be where one would be.... can someone post a picture of inside the action so I can verify that it is missing.
Thanks

Here you go

Attachments

• RimX Bolt Head Schematic 2.pdf
    133.4 KB · Views: 88
  • AED40B07-D0F3-4A73-A5E2-8CB4E333D9A3.jpeg
    AED40B07-D0F3-4A73-A5E2-8CB4E333D9A3.jpeg
    238.4 KB · Views: 127
  • D5FF28E1-7956-4B4D-8361-796C32194F33.jpeg
    D5FF28E1-7956-4B4D-8361-796C32194F33.jpeg
    230.8 KB · Views: 123
Big shout out to Ray at Zermatt arms. Sent a picture of the extractor and a new one is on the way.

4DE1D3D5-0A0E-49D9-B3DC-B54D971977F7.jpeg

The only trouble I’ve had with the RimX, is since the extractor got chipped. Very weak extraction and the occasional fully to chamber and the round needs to be pulled out by hand. Up till this point, about 650 rounds, zero problems! Love it!

Jeff