• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

0870005F-D541-4553-9A77-6ACF2E7785FA.jpeg

Ignore the shooter, focus on the RimX

How effective do you find that tuner brake? Harrell's Precision Tactical Tuner Brake for AR-15 on a Proof Research Competition Contour barrel?
It makes a difference but it doesn't make a bad lot of ammo good!!! My barrel is a MTU 18" 1:14 Straight Jacket Armory barrel.

Reactions: Boxerglocker
I have the same tuner on my tikka, going to try it on my RimX with a proof barrel.

BisSilent is my hero!
Basman, might have to open up the tuner to fit over the barrel diameter!! And your my hero💪

I have a very heavy to close bolt on my rimx any suggestions ?

50 rounds total down range.
diamond tt trigger
keystone barrel padoms chamber.

No fail to feeds, no fail to ejects gun hammers tight groups......just miserable to close the bolt ? Thanks

I think i got it figured out. This is a mag height issue....when i pull slightly down on mag and run the bolt its much smoother !.....now to figure out where i read mag height adjustment in this thread

Has anyone else used a Timney single stage trigger in the rem x , I am having a huge problem with FTF's using one , I have polished the cocking piece and don't see any witness marks

For anyone interested , some probably already know, but I didn't know. The firing pin should be 2.050" from tip to shoulder of the driving shaft, not overall length

The TT Diamond was they key in all the FTF, but I am still going to figure out why the Timney single stage will not work and I will figure it out, there are no witness marks on where the cocking piece and sear are rubbing, so I think material needs removed from the cocking piece, Ray is sending me a new cocking piece , and I think it will be the key. Now onto real ammo testing, right now Wolf Match Extra was putting 5 thru the same hole at 50 yards....

The TT Diamond was they key in all the FTF, but I am still going to figure out why the Timney single stage will not work and I will figure it out, there are no witness marks on where the cocking piece and sear are rubbing, so I think material needs removed from the cocking piece, Ray is sending me a new cocking piece , and I think it will be the key. Now onto real ammo testing, right now Wolf Match Extra was putting 5 thru the same hole at 50 yards....not bad for squirrel season

Reliability test after Xring had replaced the old version of the extractor and tensioner. Seems to be running like a sowing machine.

JUST FOR CLARITY:

There was not an update to anything dimensionaly. We made a material change to the extractor (schematic attached) that has proven to be a good decision. There have not been any changes made to the tensioner in any capacity.

Thank you - Ray

Attachments

• RimX Bolt Head Schematic.pdf
    133.4 KB · Views: 97
I had exactly the same experience with an early left handed action. Ray sent a new extractor and tensioner that totally solved the issue. Since I've used three different barrels and two different chassis and in over 2K rounds have not had a single failure to feed, eject or fire. Reliability has been 100%. Thanks Ray / Rim-X!

Action-Rim-X
Chassis- MPA Matrix / KRG Bravo
Barrels- Bartlien / Shillen / PVA 1-12
Trigger- B&A Tac Sport Pro 2 stage (low sear)
Glass- Night Force NX8 4x32

I am seriously considering this action or the Vudoo 360. I would prefer the RimX just based on the quality of the magazine and the prefit design everything else being equal. I have friends that have Vudoos but they all seem to have issues with the metal mags at times but the composite mags feed reliably.

i currently have a Bergara B14R. The rifle is accurate but I just don’t like the magazines (not a deal breaker). It’s in an MPA chassis which I love. Just looking to upgrade. Would I be able to buy a barrel and an action and install it myself? I found an action online and I was thinking about getting a benchmark or a Bartlein barrel from Keystone. If I attempt to do this myself with my own chassis, am I asking for a headache? Another option is to send out my chassis to a builder and have them put it all together with the parts I buy? Or just send my chassis out to have them start from scratch and do everything at the same time? Or just buy a barreled action from Vudoo? I personally think the actions are on par but I like the idea of a prefit and the ability to switch bolt faces (along with the RimX magazine). Really innovative for a rimfire. How many others have built their rifles up themselves with good results? Thanks

I am seriously considering this action or the Vudoo 360. I would prefer the RimX just based on the quality of the magazine and the prefit design everything else being equal. I have friends that have Vudoos but they all seem to have issues with the metal mags at times but the composite mags feed reliably.

i currently have a Bergara B14R. The rifle is accurate but I just don’t like the magazines (not a deal breaker). It’s in an MPA chassis which I love. Just looking to upgrade. Would I be able to buy a barrel and an action and install it myself? I found an action online and I was thinking about getting a benchmark or a Bartlein barrel from Keystone. If I attempt to do this myself with my own chassis, am I asking for a headache? Another option is to send out my chassis to a builder and have them put it all together with the parts I buy? Or just send my chassis out to have them start from scratch and do everything at the same time? Or just buy a barreled action from Vudoo? I personally think the actions are on par but I like the idea of a prefit and the ability to switch bolt faces (along with the RimX magazine). Really innovative for a rimfire. How many others have built their rifles up themselves with good results? Thanks
I have built my own using prefit barrels. I have a 22lr and a 17hmr that I have built. The 22lr has a Straight Jacket Armory 18" 1:14 barrel, Manners Composite Stocks and a Harrell's Precision Tuner. It is a shooter for sure. I'm new to the rifle world but have mechanical aptitude. Bought a barrel vise and an action wrench torqued it down adjusted the mags and went out and started shooting. In the end they are all 22lr's and they will all fail at feeding at some point. Seen tons of Vudoo's not feed well and I have had the same feed issues. I really like to be able to adjust the mags height since that is typical the feed issues culprit.
20210914_135146.jpg

The 17hmr is the latest but haven't really shot it much. It has a TS Custom 20". Need to get it dialed in. Ammo for it is more difficult to find then 22lr.

I did mine by myself. It's not a huge deal if you are aware what your doing and the reasons why. I use a Viper barrel vise and torque wrenches that I already had and ordered a Zermatt action wrench bar. Checking headspace by dissembling the bolt and using the supplied no go gauge. Install the trigger and mount it in the chassis. Adjusting the magazine ride height is critical but simple enough. Other than that, torque the scope rail down and set up your rings/scope. I find the system so user intuitive that I bought a second action.
RIMX PVA.jpg

Having had experience in both, if you're a tinkerer, then the RimX is the way to go given the fact that you can swap it to any chassis with the adjustable mag, you can swap barrels, and bolt faces, etc. The magazines are nicer. For competition use, my main concern is, IF something happens, it is usually a time out on the stage because now you're getting a knife to try to get the round out.

Vudoo feed issues, for example if you load the magazine incorrectly and now your mag jams, well drop the mag and swap mags, cost you maybe 5s. So for competition use, I have stuck with Vudoo. I also have no intentions of doing all these barrel swaps and bolt face swaps. For competition use, just give me 1 working barrel and it's not like I'm going to burn out the barrel. In the case of one working fully assembled thing, then Vudoo wins out there (minus the fact that you have to find a compatible chassis).

The RimX action is smoother.

The 360 is a 3-lug and pretty smooth. But it depends if you want a 3-lug / 60 degree or not. I used the 360 the other day after shooting my 90 degrees for some time, and I actually find the lighter lift on the 90 degree more enjoyable than the slightly heavier lift on the 360.

And lastly again with the tinkering etc, if I was going to do a RimX, I'd buy the action, send it over to Modacam Rifles and have them spin you up a custom Krieger with their proprietary chamber and gunsmith work. It'll be a really nicely tuned barreled action.

Reactions: Doctorwho1138
Does the RimX have a 60-degree throw or 90-degree? Getting ready to build a rifle for NRL22, and trying to decide between RimX and Vudoo. My "big" rifles have Curtis actions, so I'm used to a 60-degree throw.

Does the RimX have a 60-degree throw or 90-degree? Getting ready to build a rifle for NRL22, and trying to decide between RimX and Vudoo. My "big" rifles have Curtis actions, so I'm used to a 60-degree throw.
The RimX is a 90. I only have AI for mg centerfire rifles so I like the 60 degree through more. The Bergara has a 90 and I still struggle with being smooth with it but that may be the hard bolt close or just need even more practice.

Reactions: veenk
Having had experience in both, if you're a tinkerer, then the RimX is the way to go given the fact that you can swap it to any chassis with the adjustable mag, you can swap barrels, and bolt faces, etc. The magazines are nicer. For competition use, my main concern is, IF something happens, it is usually a time out on the stage because now you're getting a knife to try to get the round out.

Vudoo feed issues, for example if you load the magazine incorrectly and now your mag jams, well drop the mag and swap mags, cost you maybe 5s. So for competition use, I have stuck with Vudoo. I also have no intentions of doing all these barrel swaps and bolt face swaps. For competition use, just give me 1 working barrel and it's not like I'm going to burn out the barrel. In the case of one working fully assembled thing, then Vudoo wins out there (minus the fact that you have to find a compatible chassis).

The RimX action is smoother.

The 360 is a 3-lug and pretty smooth. But it depends if you want a 3-lug / 60 degree or not. I used the 360 the other day after shooting my 90 degrees for some time, and I actually find the lighter lift on the 90 degree more enjoyable than the slightly heavier lift on the 360.

And lastly again with the tinkering etc, if I was going to do a RimX, I'd buy the action, send it over to Modacam Rifles and have them spin you up a custom Krieger with their proprietary chamber and gunsmith work. It'll be a really nicely tuned barreled action.
So Vudoo just mainly has feed issues but not extraction issues? Whereas the RimX mainly struggles with extraction? I wonder if the new materials for the extractor will ameliorate that situation. The feeding would bear out what my friends say about the mags (metal vs composite). I am a tinkerer up to a certain point. But I am settled on my chassis, trigger etc. I love what I have not. Just looking to change the barreled action and maybe the scope at some point in the future. The Bergara is nice but just know it’s not as refined as it should be.

Yes, and in both cases they're user triggered. When I load my magazines for my friends, they don't have any feed issues. If they're lazy and drop rounds into their Vudoo mags, they will have feed issues. RimX, you can't really load the mag wrong, which is great.

For the alu/poly, the poly mags were generally 10rounders, the aluminum 12/15 due to the longer spring/follower design leads to more chance of rim locking etc. And people using the pull down / not sliding the round in. Again can be mitigated if you paid attention, but from talking to someone, they let their kids load their RimX mags, they'd never trust their kid to load the Vudoo mag.

The RimX issue, regardless of functioning extractor or not, if there's any sort of failure, the round is stuck in the chamber. You can't cycle the bolt and pull the round out. Again this doesn't happen often, but if something happened, said you were transitioning and bumped your bolt, now you might zero the rest of the stage. I've maybe dropped 1 round/shot due to my Vudoo incident, but never had to stop my stage, get a knife out and try to pry the round out.

If all ideal situations being equal, RimX cycles smoother, feeds better (with the proper tuning).

With your chassis, I don't know what Chassis you use. Vudoo functions well in MPA, XLR, MDT. The Arc Xylo's magazine latch wasn't long enough and they didn't sell a longer one, but Vudoo can mfg you an Arc Xylo latch. KRG can also send different latch sizes as well.

I run a 360 because my centerfire is a Terminus Zeus, and the consistent 60 degree is nice. If I was to go to a RimX, probably swap to a TL3 or Lone Peak. Shooters at my range with AI, also went with the 360.

Yes, and in both cases they're user triggered. When I load my magazines for my friends, they don't have any feed issues. If they're lazy and drop rounds into their Vudoo mags, they will have feed issues. RimX, you can't really load the mag wrong, which is great.

For the alu/poly, the poly mags were generally 10rounders, the aluminum 12/15 due to the longer spring/follower design leads to more chance of rim locking etc. And people using the pull down / not sliding the round in. Again can be mitigated if you paid attention, but from talking to someone, they let their kids load their RimX mags, they'd never trust their kid to load the Vudoo mag.

The RimX issue, regardless of functioning extractor or not, if there's any sort of failure, the round is stuck in the chamber. You can't cycle the bolt and pull the round out. Again this doesn't happen often, but if something happened, said you were transitioning and bumped your bolt, now you might zero the rest of the stage. I've maybe dropped 1 round/shot due to my Vudoo incident, but never had to stop my stage, get a knife out and try to pry the round out.

If all ideal situations being equal, RimX cycles smoother, feeds better (with the proper tuning).

With your chassis, I don't know what Chassis you use. Vudoo functions well in MPA, XLR, MDT. The Arc Xylo's magazine latch wasn't long enough and they didn't sell a longer one, but Vudoo can mfg you an Arc Xylo latch. KRG can also send different latch sizes as well.

I run a 360 because my centerfire is a Terminus Zeus, and the consistent 60 degree is nice. If I was to go to a RimX, probably swap to a TL3 or Lone Peak. Shooters at my range with AI, also went with the 360.
Really appreciate the info. I have a MPA comp chassis and a Triggertech special flat trigger. Very pleased with both and the MPA just seems to work for me. The 60 degree bolt throw is nice and I certainly prefer that over the 90. Both of these systems seem to be class and each have their pluses and minuses. I am not currently shooting comps but I have been practicing positional shooting only to realize why balanced rifles are so much easier to shoot. Shooting rimfire has taught me a lot about shooting vs just shooting prone off a bag for years and years. Great insight

Lefty's... I need your help to spread the word. I thought there were more of you, so I tried to take care of you... but these things aren't moving. So we're selling them literally well below our cost. Two match-ready 22lr's and a lightweight 17HMR, all world class builds from TS Customs. $4000 ea.

Hawkins bottom metal. Triggertech triggers. LOP Spacers, mlok rails, tscustoms cheek hardware, flush cups, masterfully bedded, etc etc etc.

Call me at 605-554-1911

mjwc1Psh.jpg
Orkan, do you guys have any plans to make a single shot benchrest rifle?

Thanks,

RFS99

Been through most of this thread which has been amazing and helpful. I am finishing up my RimX build and would like to do some dry fire with it plus learn how to clean the bolt. For the life of me I can not figure out how to get it apart. I can get the front off exposing the firing pin but that’s it. Bolt shroud and firing pin assembly won’t come apart? What am I missing. In the video it looks like it just pops apart?

I couldn’t figure it put at first, but I watched the video a couple times to see how it was coming apart. Once you get the twist right, it seems obvious. It might take a little more force than you are expecting, but once you do it a couple times it seems easy.