• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Stock Question...... Will the RimX fit in a Manners PRS-TCS stock (bolt knob area, etc)? About ready to pull the trigger on the action and barrel, I have a spare PRS-TCS stock and just want to make sure.

Thanks Fellas!
Jeff

So Vudoo just mainly has feed issues but not extraction issues? Whereas the RimX mainly struggles with extraction? I wonder if the new materials for the extractor will ameliorate that situation. The feeding would bear out what my friends say about the mags (metal vs composite). I am a tinkerer up to a certain point. But I am settled on my chassis, trigger etc. I love what I have not. Just looking to change the barreled action and maybe the scope at some point in the future. The Bergara is nice but just know it’s not as refined as it should be.

its funny how people have different experiences. This is my first season in nrl/prs 22. I ran a vudoo v22 90 degree and my buddy ran the rimx lothar barrel. out of the box the vudoo proved to be more accurate and more reliable. While getting to know a few of the boys in the series I shot and over the 10,000 rounds of Lapua Center x, and sk rifle Match i shot through the vudoo I experienced 2 failure to feeds in competition and no more then 5 while practicing and it seemed to be the vudoo ran better then the rimx over the course of this season. My buddy’s rimx is by far smoother, but we experienced feeding issues at first, extraction issues throughout, and witnessed multiple extraction issues from other rimx’s. There was 1 vudoo there that caused nothing but problems, not 100% sure what the issues were but it was by far the most problematic rimx/vudoo we’ve seen.

overall I wouldn’t trade my vudoo for a rimx period! But I wouldn’t mind picking up a rimx to play with. Both were awesome, both shot great, and once tuned in the rimx ran flawless until 1 bad ammo blew the extractor, ejector, springs all apart! Waiting on new parts now! Might grab a deuce to add to the line up to compare all 3

The person that builds these things... makes a difference. The only thing that is getting compared, are the builders. There's no comparing a competing manufacturers complete rifle, to a zermatt RimX action which was used to make a rifle that some dude put together in his garage. One is a complete rifle, the other is a collection of parts which were screwed together. Despite the fact that can and often does work out, it certainly doesn't bring with it the knowledge necessary to make sure everything is correct.

in the rimx ran flawless until 1 bad ammo blew the extractor, ejector, springs all apart!
I'd like to see some pictures of this. I'm wondering how "1 bad ammo" can "blow apart" a fixed mechanical ejector that sits several inches behind the bolt nose? Or how it can blow apart the fixed extractor? I can see how it could potentially damage the tensioner... but even then, if it does damage the tensioner in the RimX... there's not a single rimfire action on the planet that would have held up to that particular round without some form of damage.

I keep hearing about these problems with RimX's... but other than the extremely rare broken extractor... all our RimX rifles are running perfectly for tens of thousands of rounds. I have no idea how these rifles can be induced to have extraction problems. They have the most robust extraction of any rimfire I've ever seen. Shooters can induce all sorts of EJECTION problems, but if that case doesn't come out of the chamber (extraction) then either the rim of the case was ripped off, or the extractor was ripped off. In either case, you have some serious chamber/ammo problems.

Regarding other rifles and other actions... this is the RimX thread, and should remain so. There are other threads to talk about other actions/rifles.

Stock Question...... Will the RimX fit in a Manners PRS-TCS stock (bolt knob area, etc)? About ready to pull the trigger on the action and barrel, I have a spare PRS-TCS stock and just want to make sure.

Thanks Fellas!
Jeff
Yes, I ran one most of this season and just switched back to an MDT because I prefer a chassis.

Reactions: jetsurgeon
its funny how people have different experiences. This is my first season in nrl/prs 22. I ran a vudoo v22 90 degree and my buddy ran the rimx lothar barrel. out of the box the vudoo proved to be more accurate and more reliable. While getting to know a few of the boys in the series I shot and over the 10,000 rounds of Lapua Center x, and sk rifle Match i shot through the vudoo I experienced 2 failure to feeds in competition and no more then 5 while practicing and it seemed to be the vudoo ran better then the rimx over the course of this season. My buddy’s rimx is by far smoother, but we experienced feeding issues at first, extraction issues throughout, and witnessed multiple extraction issues from other rimx’s. There was 1 vudoo there that caused nothing but problems, not 100% sure what the issues were but it was by far the most problematic rimx/vudoo we’ve seen.

overall I wouldn’t trade my vudoo for a rimx period! But I wouldn’t mind picking up a rimx to play with. Both were awesome, both shot great, and once tuned in the rimx ran flawless until 1 bad ammo blew the extractor, ejector, springs all apart! Waiting on new parts now! Might grab a deuce to add to the line up to compare all 3
Following these threads and talking to shooters and watching numerous videos online regarding various platforms, any of these rimfires have a potential to have issues to sort out. Vudoo is not immune as there are plenty of shooters that can attest to that. It’s rimfire and it happens. So much dependability with the rifles comes down to the builder and not the action itself.

The person that builds these things... makes a difference. The only thing that is getting compared, are the builders. There's no comparing a competing manufacturers complete rifle, to a zermatt RimX action which was used to make a rifle that some dude put together in his garage. One is a complete rifle, the other is a collection of parts which were screwed together. Despite the fact that can and often does work out, it certainly doesn't bring with it the knowledge necessary to make sure everything is correct.

I'd like to see some pictures of this. I'm wondering how "1 bad ammo" can "blow apart" a fixed mechanical ejector that sits several inches behind the bolt nose? Or how it can blow apart the fixed extractor? I can see how it could potentially damage the tensioner... but even then, if it does damage the tensioner in the RimX... there's not a single rimfire action on the planet that would have held up to that particular round without some form of damage.

I keep hearing about these problems with RimX's... but other than the extremely rare broken extractor... all our RimX rifles are running perfectly for tens of thousands of rounds. I have no idea how these rifles can be induced to have extraction problems. They have the most robust extraction of any rimfire I've ever seen. Shooters can induce all sorts of EJECTION problems, but if that case doesn't come out of the chamber (extraction) then either the rim of the case was ripped off, or the extractor was ripped off. In either case, you have some serious chamber/ammo problems.

Regarding other rifles and other actions... this is the RimX thread, and should remain so. There are other threads to talk about other actions/rifles.

oh I agree, I fully understand if you have a competent person, or gunsmith build a rimx I’m sure the issues would be significantly reduced or not apparent at all. The rimx is a fine action, and feels much more refined then the vudoo.

I apologize I had a bunch on the go this morning and worded that way wrong. The last shot in practice the night before a match he shot a few hundred rounds and the last one apparently split down the side of the case, crack the case at the base and the rim, broke the extractor, spring and plunger is what he relayed to me. It wasn’t a fault of the rimx obviously, something must of been wrong with the ammo. This occurred on aug 27th and he’s still waiting on parts to cross the border which sucks as he missed the rest of the season.

The Gen 1 Vudoo I had suffered from numerous feeding issues even after trying 4 stocks. The bolt was super sticky and just not smooth ever after extended use. The positive side was that it shot one hole with every ammo I tried. After having it puke on me at a match I sold it and went to a RimX and never looked back. I have over 10,000 rounds on my main match gun and can count on one hand the problems (and or the lack of) I have had.

broke the extractor, spring and plunger is what he relayed to me.
This I just don't understand. The rimX doesn't have a spring/plunger type extractor. Not even close. So I'm wondering what action he's actually shooting?

This occurred on aug 27th and he’s still waiting on parts to cross the border which sucks as he missed the rest of the season.
It would seem prudent that if you're running gear from a different country... to have some of these types of parts on hand. Frankly, I recommend everyone keep these parts on hand even if they are in the USA! ;)

This I just don't understand. The rimX doesn't have a spring/plunger type extractor. Not even close. So I'm wondering what action he's actually shooting?

It would seem prudent that if you're running gear from a different country... to have some of these types of parts on hand. Frankly, I recommend everyone keep these parts on hand even if they are in the USA! ;)

like I said, I don’t own it it’s just shooting partners and he might be using the wrong words. I can see if I can take a look at it, and the parts needed and respond properly.

yes we are in Canada. Gettting anything across the border can be a pain in the behind!!

like I said, I don’t own it it’s just shooting partners and he might be using the wrong words. I can see if I can take a look at it, and the parts needed and respond properly.

yes we are in Canada. Gettting anything across the border can be a pain in the behind!!
Was this a case where the rim of the brass split on the perimeter and blew it out that way? I had that happen once on a 10/22 and it really messed up the bolt head. Only time I have ever seen that happen though.

Was this a case where the rim of the brass split on the perimeter and blew it out that way? I had that happen once on a 10/22 and it really messed up the bolt head. Only time I have ever seen that happen though.
It split on the rim, it split down the side.

I have so many bore guides it’s ridiculous lol. That’s ok I went ahead and ordered it and two mag extensions. I haven’t ordered any parts test but I figure I will just shoot it for a bit and see how often things break.
Where did you order the mag extensions from?

The Gen 1 Vudoo I had suffered from numerous feeding issues even after trying 4 stocks. The bolt was super sticky and just not smooth ever after extended use. The positive side was that it shot one hole with every ammo I tried. After having it puke on me at a match I sold it and went to a RimX and never looked back. I have over 10,000 rounds on my main match gun and can count on one hand the problems (and or the lack of) I have had.
In the same boat, after two vudoo’s giving me issues with feeding during matches on multiple occasions. I’m done. Have a RimX on the way from Keystone. Looking fwd to getting it out on the range.

I ordered all my accessories from Altus. Mile High Shooting also sells them as well as a company out there that 3D prints some.

Reactions: unoigo
Just got in my Keystone Barreled RimX. I removed my Bergara B14r and installed it. Everything has gone smooth so far. Seems to feed smooth as silk. Nothing really wrong with the Bergara but this feels so much nicer. The bolt even without seeing any use is sooo smooth. I got the 1.2” competition contour barrel in 20” of length. This thing is heavy. The magazines really are a work of art. So well machined. I ordered two 5 round extensions but I don’t know if I will use them just yet. Can’t wait to shoot this thing. So far so good. Not sure what I will mount the Bergara in as a second rifle but it’s getting placed on the back burner for a little bit.
EB41F635-A2D5-4F25-8DDA-E35AF1A6F6C4.jpeg

Hi Folks,
Quick question regarding the RIMX bolt closure. Mine seems to require (fairly stiff) excessive force to close the bolt with no round in the chamber. It has a 1k plus rounds through it, but I have no others to compare it to. Jewel trigger if that matters..... Just wish to make sure nothing regarding the barrel headspacing that can cause this.
Apologies if that is a retarded question! Lol
Pete

Hi Folks,
Quick question regarding the RIMX bolt closure. Mine seems to require (fairly stiff) excessive force to close the bolt with no round in the chamber. It has a 1k plus rounds through it, but I have no others to compare it to. Jewel trigger if that matters..... Just wish to make sure nothing regarding the barrel headspacing that can cause this.
Pete
Everyones *Fairly Stiff* is different. If you take the bolt pieces off and use the No Go Gauge that came with the receiver and it tests out you are good to go. Your build has been shooting fine for 1K+ rounds. Does it feel different with ammo cycling? I would thing if it was a stiff closure on an empty chamber it would be a TIGHT Closure on a loaded round.

Things to keep an eye on and clean after every outing is the Bolt Face and Breach Face. A minor about of buildup there is a big difference in bolt closure. In bad conditions I have wiped mine off during a match. My build has almost 2K rounds through it now and it has been butter smooth since day 1. there is an occasional tight closure on a loaded round, but nothing anywhere near a tight closure on an empty chamber unless it was a gummed up or dirty breach face.

Hi Folks,
Pete
Everything Defender32 has stated and I'll add. If it was me. I would start with a good detailed bolt/action disassembly, cleaning and lube. If still questioning, would pull trigger group out and make sure there are no sear engagement issues. Both my RimX actions close and open with no different discernible effort at all, trigger group in/out.

Last edited:
Everyones *Fairly Stiff* is different. If you take the bolt pieces off and use the No Go Gauge that came with the receiver and it tests out you are good to go. Your build has been shooting fine for 1K+ rounds. Does it feel different with ammo cycling? I would thing if it was a stiff closure on an empty chamber it would be a TIGHT Closure on a loaded round.

Things to keep an eye on and clean after every outing is the Bolt Face and Breach Face. A minor about of buildup there is a big difference in bolt closure. In bad conditions I have wiped mine off during a match. My build has almost 2K rounds through it now and it has been butter smooth since day 1. there is an occasional tight closure on a loaded round, but nothing anywhere near a tight closure on an empty chamber unless it was a gummed up or dirty breach face.
Hi Defender, thanks for your response and the "NO" Go Gauge stops bolt closure., double checked today I believe it may be the sear engagement with the Jewel trigger, though all your points have been taken onboard.(y)

Reactions: Defender32
Everything Defender32 has stated and I'll add. If it was me. I would start with a good detailed bolt/action disassembly, cleaning and lube. If still questioning, would pull trigger group out and make sure there are no sear engagement issues. Both my RimX actions close and open with no different discernible effort at all, trigger group in/out.
Boxer, pulled the trigger out and when opening the bolt you can see that the firing pin is fully cocked. When closing you can feel the camming of the locking lugs to be what you would expect. Obviously with the trigger out the firing pin de-cocks with further closing of the bolt. It is the closing of the bolt AFTER the lugs have gone into battery which is unusually stiff (trigger group in). Stiff as it feels as you are compressing the firing spring again, though observing the firing pin protrusion it would seem to not be the case and as stated, it would seem to be fully cocked on open?

Does this sound like sear height issue? I'll give Ray a holler and perhaps he has come across this issue before.

Cheers
Pete

Ok so trying to break down my bolt for a pre shooting clean and lube, I couldn’t remove the rear portion of the bolt. I got it to turn but it wouldn’t release. The videos make it seem like it comes apart easy. I turn it and it clicks in to place then I try to pull and it doesn’t come apart. Any help or tips will be appreciated. Thanks

Boxer, pulled the trigger out and when opening the bolt you can see that the firing pin is fully cocked. When closing you can feel the camming of the locking lugs to be what you would expect. Obviously with the trigger out the firing pin de-cocks with further closing of the bolt. It is the closing of the bolt AFTER the lugs have gone into battery which is unusually stiff (trigger group in). Stiff as it feels as you are compressing the firing spring again, though observing the firing pin protrusion it would seem to not be the case and as stated, it would seem to be fully cocked on open?

Does this sound like sear height issue? I'll give Ray a holler and perhaps he has come across this issue before.

Cheers
Pete
Very possible, if you have verified the head spacing is within limits. Ray would know for sure.

Ok so trying to break down my bolt for a pre shooting clean and lube, I couldn’t remove the rear portion of the bolt. I got it to turn but it wouldn’t release. The videos make it seem like it comes apart easy. I turn it and it clicks in to place then I try to pull and it doesn’t come apart. Any help or tips will be appreciated. Thanks
First couple of attempts it can be difficult, once you clean it and lube it with fresh grease it becomes easy peasy.

I'm still having tons of fun with my RimX. It's too hard for me to choose between the RimX and my 6BR as my favorite. Now she's wearing a Leica PRS in a Spuhr. Let a buddy of mine shoot it last week and we were shooting the staples out of our targets at 50 yards, he was amazed.

20210608_133237.jpg

20210608_133226.jpg

@Tyler Kemp Any plans for a plus 2-3 extension? I have a couple of the plus 5 options, honestly have zero need for a plus 7 but would jump at buying a couple of affordable plus 2-3 ones.

@Tyler Kemp Any plans for a plus 2-3 extension? I have a couple of the plus 5 options, honestly have zero need for a plus 7 but would jump at buying a couple of affordable plus 2-3 ones.
It would be easy to do. The manufacturing cost wouldn't drop much so it would likely still cost $35, a fairly complex design going on for this extension.

We did a +5 but it was barely any shorter, so we never listed it.

Reactions: camocorvette
It would be easy to do. The manufacturing cost wouldn't drop much so it would likely still cost $35, a fairly complex design going on for this extension.

We did a +5 but it was barely any shorter, so we never listed it.
I would definitely prefer a +3 over the +7. As a matter of fact I’ve got one of your +7’s but have plugged it like you do shotguns to where it only holds +3 rds. Did this just to insure better spring tension.

I would definitely prefer a +3 over the +7. As a matter of fact I’ve got one of your +7’s but have plugged it like you do shotguns to where it only holds +3 rds. Did this just to insure better spring tension.
If you can spare a mag for me to play with and get the depth right, we can knock it out!

Reactions: camocorvette
@Tyler Kemp looks like they got it done before I got back on here. Look forward to seeing some +3’s. If they would come out with some longer springs it would be perfect with your +7’s.

Reactions: Schütze
I think I have almost all the parts on order for a WSM build. I just need an action wrench, bore guide, and more importantly, some 17 WSM ammo.

Picked up a cert off a prize table and looking forward to upgrading to a RimX from my T1x. What is everyone using for a barrel? Experiences good and bad? I'm leaning towards one of the 20" 16tw prefits from Straight Jacket Armory as they appear to be the only vendors with prefits sub 3 month lead time. I was hoping for a 22" or 24" barrel, definitely no less than 20".

Picked up a cert off a prize table and looking forward to upgrading to a RimX from my T1x. What is everyone using for a barrel? Experiences good and bad? I'm leaning towards one of the 20" 16tw prefits from Straight Jacket Armory as they appear to be the only vendors with prefits sub 3 month lead time. I was hoping for a 22" or 24" barrel, definitely no less than 20".
I would personally get a barrel made the way I want vs doingg a premade prefit where you will always be wondering.

I like my PVA barrel that is 1:12 twist. I would call to confirm that they have them in stock but it looks like they do online.

I would also call keystone and see what they have in stock or can get fairly quickly.

Ive been MIA from the Hide for pretty much all of 2021 due to work and life. Fiance and her daughter moved in this year, work has been absolutely insane like Ive never seen it for the past 10 months. Have a newborn on the way due here next month. Built and moved into a new office, remodeled multiple rooms in the house. I was going 7 days a week for the last 7 months at least.

Things are finally quieting down now so I can get back to normal life. I hadnt pulled a trigger since early 2021 so I decided to hit the range yesterday with the RimX. Was windy but sunny and 62F so as good a day as any in November.

I put my 20" Keystone Accuracy Krieger RimX in the safe dirty as hell with well over 6000rd on it over a year ago. Didnt clean it or anything. I literally pulled it out of the safe yesterday and through it in my drag bag, grabbed some various half opened boxes along with a new lot of R50 and went to the range. Still had my Rugged Oculus 22 on it from last fall. I didnt touch the can either. Shot it exactly like I pulled it out of the safe.

I put 10rd of SK Pistol Match through it just to confirm everything was still g2g with zero and all @ 50yd
(Labeled #1 below)

I immediately put 10rd of SK Rifle Match in the mag and shot this next 10 shot group which was one ragged hole.
(Labeled #2 below)

(here is the target clean after shooting the SK RM 10 shot group.. Sometime after shooting that group, a beetle landed on my target and I shot him too which is the orange splatter hole. haha)

10 Shots SK RM - 0.456 - .223 = 0.233"

I messed with a few different lots of CenterX that shot decent then tested this new lot of R50 before taking it over to the 300yd line to bang steel.

20 Shots R50 - 0.640 - .223 = 0.417"

After shooting this R50 group I went over and banged some 4" and 6" swingers at 300yd with boring consistency then went home. Here was my dope for R50 yesterday with a 50yd zero

20" M24 Keystone Accuracy Krieger (over 6000rd)
1/2-28 Muzzle Threads
22LR Match Eachus chamber
XLR Envy
BNA Trigger
Rugged Oculus 22

R50 Dope
50yd Zero
100yd - 1.5mil
300yd - 12mil

I have a 20" M24 Keystone Accuracy Green Mountain on the way from their newest batch of 50 blanks to test and see how it compares to this Krieger and my other GM in the safe so I should have some testing up on that here shortly.

So I've finally made my decision on a high end 22lr and I'm going Rim-X. I know I could piece it together myself but I want to get a barreled action from a builder. I've compiled the list below of shops selling barreled actions / rifles. They are in no particular order but I was wondering if I've missed anyone else that I should be considering or if anyone has a builder they recommend that isn't on the list. I'm not super concerned with waiting, I want this to be a one time thing and want something really nice.

TS Customs
Desert Precision Gunworks
Altus
Keystone Accuracy
Straight Jacket Armory
Bison Tactical

Thanks for any input!

Reactions: Craig Brown