• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

So I've finally made my decision on a high end 22lr and I'm going Rim-X. I know I could piece it together myself but I want to get a barreled action from a builder. I've compiled the list below of shops selling barreled actions / rifles. They are in no particular order but I was wondering if I've missed anyone else that I should be considering or if anyone has a builder they recommend that isn't on the list. I'm not super concerned with waiting, I want this to be a one time thing and want something really nice.

TS Customs
Desert Precision Gunworks
Altus
Keystone Accuracy
Straight Jacket Armory
Bison Tactical

Thanks for any input!

I know Keystone has about 20-25 Green Mountain blanks left from the 50 they received not that long ago. Believe they are under $400, custom machined to your spec/contour and turn around time is days, not weeks or months.

I actually just received one from this new batch yesterday and put about 200rd through it to get it broken in and it is looking nice. There was zero feeding issues, ran amazing. Gonna take it out again today and shoot some 6x or 10x. Ill post up some results later.

My other 2 GM's shot lights out and in my RimX barrel review... If you dont already have a Bartlein or Krieger in hand, this may be your best bet for getting a custom barrel to your exact specs in a reasonable timeframe at a cost that doesnt break the bank. I personally think these 22LR Green Mountains are the best value RimX barrel out there. The Krieger and Bartlein are the cream of the crop in my barrel testing, but the GM was the 3rd best and not that far behind. The GM shot the smallest single 5 shot group of all the barrels test at both 50yd and 100yd also. Talked to Frank @ Bartlein the other day, your looking at a LONG wait, things are just more insane then ever before right now.

Last edited:
Reactions: MDrimfirerookie
I know Keystone has about 20-25 Green Mountain blanks left from the 50 they received not that long ago. Believe they are under $400, custom machined to your spec/contour and turn around time is days, not weeks or months.

I actually just received one from this new batch yesterday and put about 200rd through it to get it broken in and it is looking nice. There was zero feeding issues, ran amazing. Gonna take it out again today and shoot some 6x or 10x. Ill post up some results later.

My other 2 GM's shot lights out and in my RimX barrel review... If you dont already have a Bartlein or Krieger in hand, this may be your best bet for getting a custom barrel to your exact specs in a reasonable timeframe at a cost that doesnt break the bank. I personally think these 22LR Green Mountains are the best value RimX barrel out there. The Krieger and Bartlein are the cream of the crop in my barrel testing, but the GM was the 3rd best and not that far behind. The GM shot the smallest single 5 shot group of all the barrels test at both 50yd and 100yd also. Talked to Frank @ Bartlein the other day, your looking at a LONG wait, things are just more insane then ever before right now.

Thanks for the feedback. I've been following your testing since the start. Keystone is definitely on my list of top considerations. I'm not fooling myself and thinking that this will get me from mid pack to podium. I just want a really nice rimfire that is accurate, feeds reliably and balances nicely while I'm out making an ass out of myself in the MARS / NRL22x / PRS rimfire matches.

Edit to add - I realize I could get something cheaper (Bergara, CZ, Tikka etc). This is 100% a "I want something super nice" purchase and I only plan on doing it once.

Last edited:
Reactions: b6graham and padom
So I've finally made my decision on a high end 22lr and I'm going Rim-X. I know I could piece it together myself but I want to get a barreled action from a builder. I've compiled the list below of shops selling barreled actions / rifles. They are in no particular order but I was wondering if I've missed anyone else that I should be considering or if anyone has a builder they recommend that isn't on the list. I'm not super concerned with waiting, I want this to be a one time thing and want something really nice.

TS Customs
Altus
Keystone Accuracy
Straight Jacket Armory
Bison Tactical

Thanks for any input!
I have a keystone barreled action right now. I have another from Desert Precision on the way. My brother is buying my Keystone because he loves it so much. I don’t think you can go wrong with any of your choices honestly. I went with a 22” 1.2” straight contour barrel so it balances better in my chassis.

TS Customs
Altus
Keystone Accuracy
Straight Jacket Armory
Bison Tactical

Thanks for any input!
I would also throw PVA into the mix for a good barrel.

I am in your area with the tools to put it together can help you with setting up your mag height if you want. I think the mag height is almost more critical than a prefit barrel installation for feeding

Reactions: MDrimfirerookie
I would also throw PVA into the mix for a good barrel.

I am in your area with the tools to put it together can help you with setting up your mag height if you want. I think the mag height is almost more critical than a prefit barrel installation for feeding
PVA is out of stock on both barrels right now. I thought about going with their 12 twist as I know you and a couple of others have had good success with them.

TS Customs
Altus
Keystone Accuracy
Straight Jacket Armory
Bison Tactical

Thanks for any input!
TS Customs
Get a complete rifle, along with exemplary metal work they do all stock inleting, and their bedding is second to none

Got this new Keystone Accuracy Green Mountain back out today to really see how it shot with various types and lots of ammo after breaking it in yesterday. Good old 22LR, ammo and lot testing is the name of the game. o_O

After putting 200rd+ through it yesterday, then giving it a cleaning today I went to the range to shoot some groups and test ammo to see what it liked. Upon arriving at the range I put a 50rd box of SK Pistol match through it to foul the barrel then started the below ammo test. It really shined when it found ammo it liked but thats the name of the game with precision 22LR isnt it??

Here are the results if you dont want to zoom in and read the target

Everything was shot from left to right, starting at the bottom and going up. All groups were measured with calipers outside to outside black smudge minus .223. If you subtract something else, go ahead and +/- from my recorded group size. Ive used this method and measurement for all my testing so Ill stay consistent for comparison sake.

Two of the CenterX lots were straight hammering. Cant wait to get a calm sunny day to shoot them at 100yd! Those 2 lots shot sub 0.5moa 10x5's which is awesome. I dont think you can find a better value for the money. Custom made to your spec RimX barrel sub $400... Hard to beat that. Is it the MOST accurate RimX barrel, no. Did it shoot the smallest groups or AGG in all my 22LR testing, no. But it sure does shoot consistently for the money and brings a ton of value with the right ammo/lot!

Also, this barrel is not using my chamber. This is a new custom .22LR Match reamer Keystone Accuracy had made a few months back that they are using for all their RimX barrels unless someone specifically requests a different reamer. So far, just over 200rd down it yesterday and 550rd down it today. Not single feeding, ejection or stuck case issue. No shaved lead. Ran like a swiss watch.

Shot from the bench at 50yd, bipod and rear bag. No can.

1) Wolf Match Extra
- 10x5: 0.473
- 6x5: 0.355
- Best Group - 0.253"

2) SK Standard (21021)
- 10x5: 0.410"
- 6x5: 0.367"
- Best Group - 0.285"

3) SK Rifle Match (13294)
- 10x5: 0.688"
- 6x5: 0.586"
- Best Group - 0.365"

4) SK Rifle Match (20643)
- 10x5: 0.434"
- 6x5: 0.389"
- Best Group - 0.198"

5) CenterX (600204)
- 10x5: 0.427"
- 6x5: 0.397"
- Best Group - 0.243"

6) CenterX (605217)
- 10x5: 0.255"
- 6x5: 0.212"
- Best Group - 0.086"

7) CenterX (609457)
- 10x5: 0.370"
- 6x5: 0.314"
- Best Group - 0.214"

8) CenterX (700686)
- 10x5: 0.249"
- 6x5: 0.221"
- Best Group - 0.104"

8) R50 (66-8WP 503)
- 10x5: 0.409"
- 6x5: 0.365"
- Best Group - 0.231"

Got this new Keystone Accuracy Green Mountain back out today to really see how it shot with various types and lots of ammo after breaking it in yesterday. Good old 22LR, ammo and lot testing is the name of the game. o_O

After putting 200rd+ through it yesterday, then giving it a cleaning today I went to the range to shoot some groups and test ammo to see what it liked. Upon arriving at the range I put a 50rd box of SK Pistol match through it to foul the barrel then started the below ammo test. It really shined when it found ammo it liked but thats the name of the game with precision 22LR isnt it??

Here are the results if you dont want to zoom in and read the target

Everything was shot from left to right, starting at the bottom and going up. All groups were measured with calipers outside to outside black smudge minus .223. If you subtract something else, go ahead and +/- from my recorded group size. Ive used this method and measurement for all my testing so Ill stay consistent for comparison sake.

Two of the CenterX lots were straight hammering. Cant wait to get a calm sunny day to shoot them at 100yd! Those 2 lots shot sub 0.5moa 10x5's which is awesome. I dont think you can find a better value for the money. Custom made to your spec RimX barrel sub $400... Hard to beat that. Is it the MOST accurate RimX barrel, no. Did it shoot the smallest groups or AGG in all my 22LR testing, no. But it sure does shoot consistently for the money and brings a ton of value with the right ammo/lot!

Also, this barrel is not using my chamber. This is a new custom .22LR Match reamer Keystone Accuracy had made a few months back that they are using for all their RimX barrels unless someone specifically requests a different reamer. So far, just over 200rd down it yesterday and 550rd down it today. Not single feeding, ejection or stuck case issue. No shaved lead. Ran like a swiss watch.

Shot from the bench at 50yd, bipod and rear bag. No can.

1) Wolf Match Extra
- 10x5: 0.473
- 6x5: 0.355
- Best Group - 0.253"

2) SK Standard (21021)
- 10x5: 0.410"
- 6x5: 0.367"
- Best Group - 0.285"

3) SK Rifle Match (13294)
- 10x5: 0.688"
- 6x5: 0.586"
- Best Group - 0.365"

4) SK Rifle Match (20643)
- 10x5: 0.434"
- 6x5: 0.389"
- Best Group - 0.198"

5) CenterX (600204)
- 10x5: 0.427"
- 6x5: 0.397"
- Best Group - 0.243"

6) CenterX (605217)
- 10x5: 0.255"
- 6x5: 0.212"
- Best Group - 0.086"

7) CenterX (609457)
- 10x5: 0.370"
- 6x5: 0.314"
- Best Group - 0.214"

8) CenterX (700686)
- 10x5: 0.249"
- 6x5: 0.221"
- Best Group - 0.104"

8) R50 (66-8WP 503)
- 10x5: 0.409"
- 6x5: 0.365"
- Best Group - 0.231"

Thanks for all the effort you are putting in testing these barrels and ammo

Reactions: padom
Padom,
Is this same gm barrel you started with or a brand new one ?

After a quick zero check at 50 yard. Wifey drilled this 3 round group at 200 yards with Eley Pistol Match. And then a 10 round group at 150. Light winds 9 o’clock 2-3 mph. She used to do even a bit better with a trigger tech Diamond but since it’s her “trainer” I put a TT 2 stage because that’s what she has on her Arc Nucleus 6.5cm so the pull went from 8 oz to 1.25 lbs.

RimX, Paradigm 16” barrel carbon wrapped.

Attachments

• CEA711DB-862B-4165-9B32-37D07DA700E8.jpeg
    CEA711DB-862B-4165-9B32-37D07DA700E8.jpeg
    547 KB · Views: 74
  • E1BD03BE-FDF3-4DC9-A23C-BDC106CE0D6C.jpeg
    E1BD03BE-FDF3-4DC9-A23C-BDC106CE0D6C.jpeg
    625 KB · Views: 73
Reactions: camocorvette
Stock Question...... Will the RimX fit in a Manners PRS-TCS stock (bolt knob area, etc)? About ready to pull the trigger on the action and barrel, I have a spare PRS-TCS stock and just want to make sure.

Thanks Fellas!
Jeff
I have mine in a Manners t2a gap stock!! Im sure it will be good to go in PRS stock!!

Any of you guys looking to trade a 40MOA base for a 30MOA?

My Midas Tac can’t quite make it to 400yards with the 30MOA base.
I know a guy who uses the Burris bushing rings to make it to 500 yards with his T1X...
That could be an alternative to swapping base.
I use 30 moa on the base and I can make it to 400 (barely) with my Athlon Cronus with Eley Match at 1111fps on a hot day.

I know a guy who uses the Burris bushing rings to make it to 500 yards with his T1X...
That could be an alternative to swapping base.
I use 30 moa on the base and I can make it to 400 (barely) with my Athlon Cronus with Eley Match at 1111fps on a hot day.
That’s not a bad idea. I probably don’t need to get to 500 though. We’re running a PRS Rimfire match this weekend out here at The Lead Farm and the most we’ll push the 22 targets is 400 or less

Reactions: littlepod
That’s not a bad idea. I probably don’t need to get to 500 though. We’re running a PRS Rimfire match this weekend out here at The Lead Farm and the most we’ll push the 22 targets is 400 or less
That’s only hearsay because I don’t know anything about those Burris bushing rings but it was explained to me that with those rings once you figure out the right insert, you could set it up to zero almost at the end of the travel limit on your scope therefore maximizing the available elevation on your scope.
Also, some scopes you do get a bit more travel when you remove the zero stop and for example, on my Cronus with 30moa base, I don’t need the zero stop because at 10 mins per travel, I’ll never be going more than a full turn.

Food for thoughts

Reactions: Defender32
If it don't Di Precision knows I bought it and who I bought it from. They were trying to help him sell it as well. Worst case the PVA goes back on and I send it to them for corrective action.

Reactions: Boxerglocker
A thin piece of kidex on the breach face below the action wrench makes me feel better when spinning a barrel off & on. Textured side is up and slick side is down.
tempImageAn2cfB.png

Last edited:
A thin piece of kidder on the breach face below the action wrench makes me feel better when spinning a barrel off & on. Textured side is up and slick side is down.
View attachment 7743602
To be honest, you should leave the ejector in the receiver when you use the action wrench and just stop when the wrench hits the ejector. It will have more lug engagement and torque will be absorbed better by the receiver.

Being that far away from the threads is acceptable since there is considerably less torque required in this area.

Thanks - Ray

To be honest, you should leave the ejector in the receiver when you use the action wrench and just stop when the wrench hits the ejector. It will have more lug engagement and torque will be absorbed better by the receiver.

Being that far away from the threads is acceptable since there is considerably less torque required in this area.

Thanks - Ray
Thanks. Ray. I was afraid I would screw up the ejector some how. I will not remove it next time.

Thanks - Ray
@Zermatt Arms - Ray does that apply when removing a barrel as well and what is your minimum recommended torque?

I finally was able to find some time to shoot the RimX at my dads farm. This rifle is so fun to shoot. The action is so smooth and feeding is flawless. Shot 250 rounds today of RWS Rifle match without incident. Here is the targets for sighting it in and getting use to the rifle. I spent the rest of the time shooting my KYL target at 50 and 75 yards. Only missed a handful which for me is outstanding. All the groups are 5 shot groups shot at 50 yards. Didn’t measure them but I was happy with them.
78E07C2A-9BB9-4724-8396-4BF1E722B8C9.jpeg

51D75080-1414-45F6-9A9D-7A4673C02D3C.jpeg
A0903FD4-07D2-4E44-AAF1-AAC3C28C58F3.jpeg

Last edited:
I was able to shoot my New to me Di Precision built Kreier 22" 16T with EC Tuner on Saturday. I am shooting a lot of SK Long Range that I had 1900 rounds of. I was happy with the Tune test and need to stretch it out to 100 for a fine adjust. All in all I think its a great barrel and I will be shooting it for the next few matches.
tempImagejEYo2B.png
tempImage3pdqSm.png
tempImagedPtYFi.png
F92C906C-6B8C-41CC-A8A0-ED26DB674AEA.jpeg
CFB8C505-5821-40EC-87E4-F56BC54E3FC6.jpeg
60B00950-778C-40A0-8894-EFDEEBAFC22E.jpeg
tempImageZHvlWb.png

I finally was able to find some time to shoot the RimX at my dads farm. This rifle is so fun to shoot. The action is so smooth and feeding is flawless. Shot 250 rounds today of RWS Rifle match without incident. Here is the targets for sighting it in and getting use to the rifle. I spent the rest of the time shooting my KYL target at 50 and 75 yards. Only missed a handful which for me is outstanding. All the groups are 5 shot groups shot at 50 yards. Didn’t measure them but I was happy with them. View attachment 7745198

View attachment 7745200View attachment 7745246
Get a Vudoo it will shoot better. Your groups suck

….ok. Haven’t been shooting since July due to the death of my father and not really trying to get the absolute smallest groups I was ok with them. The rifle is more than capable of shooting much better. But you have a good day.
Don't let the troll get to you. They've been in and out of this place a few times spewing garbage that certainly doesn't add to the conversation.

It takes all kinds of kinds they say.