• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Well I just heard from Ace, my 1.0 and 1.25 straight 22rf blanks are done. They are polishing them and send them on their way to Manzella.

Can't wait to get these on my RimX and 2500x and see how they perform...
How long are you going on the finish lengths? My PB blank arrived today.

I guess I’ll try a brick of the Midas for shits and giggles. I also hit up Mike today. My blank is headed his way next week.

Reactions: padom
I guess I’ll try a brick of the Midas for shits and giggles. I also hit up Mike today. My blank is headed his way next week.

I switched from Lapua to R50 and Special Match the last 2yr or so because lapua was so hard to find but it's been coming back so I've been stocking back up on Midas.

Reactions: 021411
At a PRS qualifier match today..

IMG_2283.jpeg

My Ace barrels arrived at Manzella. He's cutting the RimX ones today alonng with some other Ace barrels and a Green Mountain he has left all for RimX ready to go out the door.

Will be ready to chop to customers desired length and crown or thread. I think he has 2 RimX ACE cut rifled barrels and 1 Green Mountain left for sale.

Reactions: 021411
I just got my RimX action Friday Snagged a Green Mountain blank and sent it to Mike on Friday as well. Really looking forward to trying out this setup.

What does VCC contour mean please?
If my memory serves me well it stands for Vibbert Competition Contour. Jake Vibbert is a competitive shooter. The VCC starts pretty close to an MTU barrel but terminates at the muzzle around an inch and some change. The MTU barrels taper down to below an inch.

Reactions: Schütze
If my memory serves me well it stands for Vibbert Competition Contour. Jake Vibbert is a competitive shooter. The VCC starts pretty close to an MTU barrel but terminates at the muzzle around an inch and some change. The MTU barrels taper down to below an inch.
Thanks.

Mike sent me a video of the barrel on a gauge, looks great to my untrained eye. It will be here Friday. My first RimX which will have TT Diamond and be fitted into an Ultradyne chassis with an MDT stock. I have the RimX mag and a couple of the L3I 14 round mags which have been great in my Bergara. Given both the chassis and the mags are adjustable, I'm keeping my fingers crossed 🤞 Torque wrench ready!!!!

Reactions: d_dial and 021411
I believe you gentlemen have one barrel " Ace VCC " that you will have a great time with. I have mine in a 25 inch and it shoots in the .100 to .300 with Lapua based ammunition. This is with 5 to 15 mph winds being the normal and with light breezes that will blow my shooting partners 16 oz bottle of water off the shooting bench. RWS is also another great shooting ammunition.

For the people that have a peaceful environment to shoot in you should be able to do extreemly well.

Reactions: d_dial and juliang
if you go to Zermatt Website you can verify that for yourself. Website link is there.
Zermatt RimX

View attachment 8392451
Oh thanks should’ve looked on the website

17wsm It seems that it’s a superior caliber in every way..,

Yet I can’t get over why in the world a reloading company making this round would crimp the bullets so hard they crease the jacket to the point of deforms it and then wonder why it doesn’t shoot well.. this could’ve been a great cartridge and even use the case to place different calibers like a 20 cal ect..Maybe I missed something there, but I haven’t shot my over-the-counter rifle in sometime, but it just baffles me. + what seems like supply issues.

Attachments

• IMG_1723.png
    IMG_1723.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 44
My barrel came from Mike this week. Ace in VCC contour 24". First barrel for my action. I assembled everything and between rain showers and visitors managed to shoot a little and record my first 8 shot group with SK standard + at 50 yards. Very promising, center circle is 1cm diameter. When I'm alone next week I'll try out a whole load more ammo and run it to longer distances.
Questions : I have the action in an Ultradyne chassis which has an adjustable mag catch. I adjusted it and the RimX mag fed perfectly. I have 2 of the L3i 700 elite mags. One I had used on my Bergara and it fed well when I had it positioned correctly. I had to kinda push it upwards once, then it was fine. The new one was much tighter in the mag well and fed about the same. Does anyone have any tips on how to make these mags 100% reliable for the RimX?
rimX1.jpg

I can’t remember which post I replied on not long ago but stated I was a proponent of the Zermatt mags over an aftermarket mag. Zermatt mags work period. While an aftermarket mag may be cheaper I’ve had nothing but trouble with them.

I can’t remember which post I replied on not long ago but stated I was a proponent of the Zermatt mags over an aftermarket mag. Zermatt mags work period. While an aftermarket mag may be cheaper I’ve had nothing but trouble with them.

Same. 100% zermatt Mags only and never an issue.

Reactions: Browninglover1
@padom @021411

Agree with you both! Rimx mags all the way with no issues after proper height adjustment. They work so well I bought 3

My Preferred Barrel Blanks barrel done up by Mike at Manzella Precision finally made it to my door. This is the second barrel from him where I wanted it unfinished with heat treating visible and scuffs/scratches. I call it a “raw dog” barrel. Always raw dog it... 😉
It was finished at 24”.
IMG_2422.jpeg

IMG_2423.jpeg

IMG_2421.jpeg

Got an appointment to go test at Lapua next week. I texted Shane the next day to confirm the date and time. Also said I would clean my chamber before coming but leave my barrel uncleaned. In his reply he recommended cleaning the barrel before the test. I replied I would but was under the impression dirty is the new clean. So how much I should really scrub the bore before the test? Just push a few patches through or go down to bare metal?

You do what you want, but I would have it clean as clean can be. Just have him shoot some foulers before starting the tests. You are testing ammo, not your rifle. And you aren't going to shoot a match so there is no worry about first shot fliers.

That being said, this is coming from a BR guy (I also have multiple RimX's and have had multiple Vudoo's). I know a lot of NRL/PRS guys have moved to the method you describe, but there isn't a single top level competitor in BR that doesn't clean completely. I only say that to say we require the highest level of precision and this "new" method has not proven itself to provide the level of consistency we require. We do play different games, but in this case it's about testing ammo, not the game.

Just one opinion and I am sure others will disagree.

Just scrub it clean and have them shoot foulers.
Totally agree, I scrubbed a proof ar 10 6.5 Creedmoor barrel that was not shooting well and after cleaning it the first six shot were all touching that 100 yards. But I mean really clean like spotless, clean! whatever built up in the barrel was not doing it any good if possible it’s related to the Gasport, and that it was causing copper buildup scraping from the bullet, I looked at the horoscope prior to doing a second cleaning. There was still copper buildup at the Gasport hole . They’re definitely still was copper prior to getting it really clean at the junction so that was my experience

Quick session this afternoon. It was hot. The 25 shot group was Lapua Long Range and the 19 shot group was Lapua Midas+.
24” 1:16 PBB barrel.
View attachment 8396573
View attachment 8396574
here is my s&b match ammo out of my cz
Shot like shit with fliers at 50 yards… some great some not so great… meaning some would drop to side some would go high or low…

Could this be cleaning ?
is there a stick for these tight chambers? Use a 20 cal stick?

Are you all able to clean a rimfire 20 target plate with center shots on all?

Just wondering what expectations should be?

Seemed most of the time when a shot dropped or missed center it was a variation in the velocity….?? Not much but a few fps….

Just wondering what to expect from this gun vrs a rimx setup!

Does Ammo seem to be the limiting factor ??
Or gun or the finger behind the trigger????

Attachments

• IMG_1813.png
    IMG_1813.png
    474.9 KB · Views: 23
here is my s&b match ammo out of my cz
Shot like shit with fliers at 50 yards… some great some not so great… meaning some would drop to side some would go high or low…

Could this be cleaning ?
is there a stick for these tight chambers? Use a 20 cal stick?

Are you all able to clean a rimfire 20 target plate with center shots on all?

Just wondering what expectations should be?

Seemed most of the time when a shot dropped or missed center it was a variation in the velocity….?? Not much but a few fps….

Just wondering what to expect from this gun vrs a rimx setup!

Does Ammo seem to be the limiting factor ??
Or gun or the finger behind the trigger????
If it shoots it shoots but I don’t know if anyone using S&B rimfire ammo for matches so I can’t help you there. But from personal experience if I get fliers it’s time to scrub the chamber clean. I‘lol follow up with a bore scope to make sure it was actually cleaned versus I think it’s clean.
During my tune up range sessions I keep track of velocity for each round fired for obvious reasons. Any deviation I can tell what happened.

I don’t own a plate rack but I’m pretty good shooting a grid target. Centered up? You can say so.

Reactions: Kocher
If it shoots it shoots but I don’t know if anyone using S&B rimfire ammo for matches so I can’t help you there. But from personal experience if I get fliers it’s time to scrub the chamber clean. I‘lol follow up with a bore scope to make sure it was actually cleaned versus I think it’s clean.
During my tune up range sessions I keep track of velocity for each round fired for obvious reasons. Any deviation I can tell what happened.

I don’t own a plate rack but I’m pretty good shooting a grid target. Centered up? You can say so.
Yeah, that’s what I was thinking. It might be due to being dirty . Have some good products coming for that soon .

I just happen to have that ammo and some of them were shooting exactly where held, and then some of them all sudden weren’t…

5 fps enough to drop off to the side? Or have you noticed a magic number where a certain FPS is almost guaranteed to hit outside of the X/ bullseye?

Attachments

• IMG_1848.png
    IMG_1848.png
    498.6 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
Hit the range early morning. Lapua Midas+ was doing about 1082 today compared to Sunday’s number. Today was also about 10 degF cooler. Sunday was around 85 and doing 1088.
Barrel is a PBB blank chambered by Manzella Precision. All shots were at 50y. Each group were 5 rounds except for the one with 3. It looked too good to screw up with two more. 🤣
I didn’t take pictures but the groups at 200y and 300y were very satisfactory.

IMG_2455.jpeg

mine has a blue mountain precision barrel and shoot great you cant go wrong with a RIMX but i cant use Eley tenex when its cold out .

Attachments

• rimx2.png
    rimx2.png
    282.5 KB · Views: 37