• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

View attachment 7853309Shout out to Ray for getting me squared away. Never had a bad customer experience yet dealing with him and Zermatt as a company. I’ve been shooting Eley ammo more and more and was plagued by light strikes quite noticeably at this past weekend’s match. Usually the second strike would fire the round. Annoying nonetheless.
I had already reached out to Ray prior to the match but didn’t get the fix in on time.
I was sent a firing pin assembly that increased pin travel by 0.010” after troubleshooting some things first. This “fix” might be old news as I didn’t search this entire thread.
If you’re an Eley shooter and plagued by light strikes I would reach out to Zermatt and work out a solution short of not shooting Eley altogether.
I have always been an Eley shooter. I get an occasional light strike 1:65-1:80ish pretty regular. I was assuming it was the way I ran the bolt handle and not having it all the way down occasionally after reading some previous posts. I’ll give it a bit longer and maybe shoot them an email.

Last edited:
Just a followup. Got my Vudoo mag "shipment" today. All 6 function flawlessly, I'm sure in part due to the great job Elrod does on barrels since I had some adjustment problems before I had him rechamber my GM barrel. I have a KRG Bravo.. They are also very easy to load. Cartridges just drop in..

7CAF1E4C-5D4E-40C7-B951-11BE264524DF.jpeg

I change configurations more than I do my underwear. Took my Krieger truck axle off and slapped on my TS Custom/Primal 26” barrel after getting it chopped to 21”. It’s basically a VCC contour now. Why? I don’t know why. Guess I’m in the experimenting mood. New glass is arriving this week as well. Finally stepped into the ZCO arena. Next range range day is Sunday. I’ll let you know how the chopped barrel shoots.

View attachment 7856717
I change configurations more than I do my underwear. Took my Krieger truck axle off and slapped on my TS Custom/Primal 26” barrel after getting it chopped to 21”. It’s basically a VCC contour now. Why? I don’t know why. Guess I’m in the experimenting mood. New glass is arriving this week as well. Finally stepped into the ZCO arena. Next range range day is Sunday. I’ll let you know how the chopped barrel shoots.
I hope you don't lose accuracy. If that barrel was made to finish @ 26" there's a good chance its going to have a looser crown back at 21" than it did at the designed finish length. Why didn't you go back with the tuner? Either way its a nice looking rig.

Reactions: 021411
I hope you don't lose accuracy. If that barrel was made to finish @ 26" there's a good chance its going to have a looser crown back at 21" than it did at the designed finish length. Why didn't you go back with the tuner? Either way its a nice looking rig.
A tapered bore definitely crossed my mine before hand. The barrel at 26” with a tuner was good to go. Make no mistake about that. I personally didn’t care much anymore for the actual length than performance.
With all that said and to satisfy my curiosity and yours, I will head to the range late this afternoon to do some lot testing. I’ll update good or bad.

Reactions: Boxerglocker
07B9EE0F-9661-4634-8411-FC844AB0E6A8.jpeg
F2066464-F0B7-4AA5-8AC6-0BC7446CA27E.jpeg
7BFA7DE0-6C47-48FE-8CF2-288B2DC594DD.jpeg
@Broncolou Just got back from the range. The range trip was successful. First and foremost I needed to see if the new cocking piece from Zermatt solved the light strikes with the Eley ammo. Yes it did. Out of the 150rds I pumped through, I only had 1 light strike at the beginning of the session. The rest were 100%.

Next was accuracy of the chopped barrel. It’s perfectly fine. I was sloppy on my rear bag but meh. I’ve not a 6x5 kinda guy. I’m in “The Grid” camp.
I didnt re-zero. Got close and dialed wind. There was a 5-6 mph right to left. Shots were at 50y.
Disregard Box 1. Box 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 were 5 rounds each of different lots of Eley Semi Auto Benchrest. The velocity averaged 1110. I saw no more than an SD of 7 with the lowest being 2 with 10 rds per lot.
The split screen pic was with Eley Edge.
I’m good with the accuracy. Again I don’t care about 6x5 or whatever.

Last edited:
Now go run a 6x5 and tell us how it shoots!
I'm new to the site. Not sure what the 6 X 5 is. I guess it's six, 5 shot groups? Anyway here's some pictures from lot testing. I tested 6 different lots of Eley Tenex, 5 groups each at 100 yards.
DPG Rim X
Krieger 23" 1.25" straight
MDT ACC chassis
Trigger Tech2 stage Special
ZCO 5-27
30 moa rail
Spuhr 6601 20 moa/1.18"

I'm happy :D

Attachments

• 20220424_165314.jpg
    20220424_165314.jpg
    491.9 KB · Views: 135
  • 20220424_165328.jpg
    20220424_165328.jpg
    491.4 KB · Views: 127
  • 20220424_165405.jpg
    20220424_165405.jpg
    451.9 KB · Views: 117
  • 20220424_165340.jpg
    20220424_165340.jpg
    461.1 KB · Views: 113
  • 20220424_165353.jpg
    20220424_165353.jpg
    479.1 KB · Views: 109
  • 20220424_165417.jpg
    20220424_165417.jpg
    506.4 KB · Views: 141
Last edited:
View attachment 7857735View attachment 7857694View attachment 7857693@Broncolou Just got back from the range. The range trip was successful. First and foremost I needed to see if the new cocking piece from Zermatt solved the light strikes with the Eley ammo. Yes it did. Out of the 150rds I pumped through, I only had 1 light strike at the beginning of the session. The rest were 100%.

Next was accuracy of the chopped barrel. It’s perfectly fine. I was sloppy on my rear bag but meh. I’ve not a 6x5 kinda guy. I’m in “The Grid” camp.
I didnt re-zero. Got close and dialed wind. There was a 5-6 mph right to left. Shots were at 50y.
Disregard Box 1. Box 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 were 5 rounds each of different lots of Eley Semi Auto Benchrest. The velocity averaged 1110. I saw no more than an SD of 7 with the lowest being 2 with 10 rds per lot.
The split screen pic was with Eley Edge.
I’m good with the accuracy. Again I don’t care about 6x5 or whatever.
Looks solid for sure. I ruined a great shooting barrel on my 455 cutting it down.
I’d be pretty happy with that accuracy for sure.

Looks solid for sure. I ruined a great shooting barrel on my 455 cutting it down.
I’d be pretty happy with that accuracy for sure.
Yeah that sucks. I know the barrel is definitely capable of small groups. On one of the Eley Edge groups had I kept it together and not pulled a shot it would have been in the 0.11+“ or so. The capability is there with the right lot of ammo. Yeah yeah but can it do it all day and where’s the 6x5!? I’m just taking capability.

Reactions: Broncolou
Stumbled into a deal I couldn't pass up on RimX/ mags. Going a little blind reading about prefits.

Budget Prefits for Dummies? (in stock edition)

LW
Keystone GM (chamber?)
Other

Thanks!

Stumbled into a deal I couldn't pass up on RimX/ mags. Going a little blind reading about prefits.

Budget Prefits for Dummies? (in stock edition)

LW
Keystone GM (chamber?)
Other

Thanks!
What’s your budget? There are only a few places that actually have inventory in hand ready to ship. Others will have to get spun up which can take weeks/months. I’m still waiting on a Keystone GM. Tomorrow is coming up on week 3 but then again wait time was never disclosed nor did I ask prior to ordering. Not a complaint but just worth noting if you are in a hurry.

Reactions: serevince
Thank you for the replies.

20" comp profile Proof ordered from Front Range Precision. On sale even. Already have a tracking #!

My brain was on overload from all the chamber/ maker options. I just want to go have some fun. If I'm so damn talented that the Proof barrel is the limfac, then I'll just pick my next barrel from all the sponsors lining up! :LOL:

Seriously though, any good RimX tips threads? I've built several rifles, and it's a prefit, so not expecting any surprises there. Stripping another rifle to complete this build. Slight concern over the TT Diamond and RimX combo.

Fingers crossed my build loves something cheap and available!

20" comp profile Proof ordered from Front Range Precision. On sale even. Already have a tracking #!

My brain was on overload from all the chamber/ maker options. I just want to go have some fun. If I'm so damn talented that the Proof barrel is the limfac, then I'll just pick my next barrel from all the sponsors lining up! :LOL:

Seriously though, any good RimX tips threads? I've built several rifles, and it's a prefit, so not expecting any surprises there. Stripping another rifle to complete this build. Slight concern over the TT Diamond and RimX combo.

Are you getting a used RimX?

I have Trigger Techs on both my RimX actions. One TT Special 2 stage, the second a TT Diamond single stage. Zero issues

Last edited:

TT diamond in mine. No issues. Mag adjustment is the the big learning and setup part. If the mag is too high the spent shell will eject on magazine. Use a feeler gauge or a pocket screwdriver to adjust mag height adjuster.

Are you getting a used RimX?
Yes, left handed+ 3 mags. Hunted a left hand Bergara for a couple weeks. Saw the used lefty RimX and decided it was the universe knocking.

Would have picked up a BnA, but as a lefty in 2022 I take what is in stock and move on. May try to find a BnA for the RimX when I put the TT back on the other rifle.

Thanks for the pointers and reassurance on the trigger.

Hunting for a action wrench I can borrow. Anyone near Spokane, WA?

Reactions: Boxerglocker
Yes, left handed+ 3 mags. Hunted a left hand Bergara for a couple weeks. Saw the used lefty RimX and decided it was the universe knocking.

Would have picked up a BnA, but as a lefty in 2022 I take what is in stock and move on. May try to find a BnA for the RimX when I put the TT back on the other rifle.

Thanks for the pointers and reassurance on the trigger.

Hunting for a action wrench I can borrow. Anyone near Spokane, WA?
It doesn’t hurt but you can preemptively order a new tensioner kit, firing pin, and extractor and get it factory fresh again. Again won’t hurt it..
If you didn’t get the torque spec sheet let me know. I can post up a pic.
The TT Diamond works just fine.

Last edited:
It doesn’t hurt but you can preemptively order a new tensioner kit, firing pin, and extractor and get it factory fresh again. Again won’t hurt it..
If you didn’t get the torque spec sheet let me know. I can post up a pic.
The TT Diamond works just fine.
Thanks for the heads up.That's cheap insurance. (Looks like the parts kits are OOS, will snag one when they are available.)

Not sure on the torque card, action hasn't arrived. Appreciate the offer.

Agree 100%
Incredibly clean break and when my safety jammed, they replaced the trigger. The older ones had ball bearings and have been replaced by rollers, much smoother operation. Mine has functioned flawlessly since I received it. Their collaboration with the clone action builders to do the design and function really paid off.

F0F7694C-E380-4391-A987-E91F782AF477.jpeg
7B8D7A5B-7B82-4249-9E12-38AFBF026FF7.jpeg
Going to test barrel #3 this afternoon and shoot a match tomorrow with it. Don’t have time to lot test. It will be what it will be today and tomorrow. 20” Keystone GM straight 1.20” with the Eachus chamber. It chambers rounds smoothly (so far) and can easily extract no problems. There are definite land marks on the driving band.
I’m going to be using a lot of SK RM I have. I will update with my thoughts later.

I'm looking at a Keystone from John. Do you know if the leade is 1.5 or 2 degree? Great pictures. Thanks
Looking forward to the test results. They are excellent barrels.

Thanks
The only good things I have read about 1.5 are from Kevin Nevius and he feels the 1.5 is pretty Lapua specific and 2 works for pretty much everything. I think that is pretty much verified seeing the results your chamber showed in your barrel tests.

Thanks
The only good things I have read about 1.5 are from Kevin Nevius and he feels the 1.5 is pretty Lapua specific and 2 works for pretty much everything. I think that is pretty much verified seeing the results your chamber showed in your barrel tests.
What will be interesting for me is that I’ve become more of an Eley shooter. I’ve seen how I can group with my capabilities and curious to see how this chamber does with Eley.

9BC4DA59-5761-45E9-A4CD-ABBA2B041451.jpeg
6F1AE833-5242-4670-BE70-478D7237C89D.jpeg
E32B41C1-7320-4D49-BD3B-81522C2E8B55.jpeg
B195E9B1-5692-4E23-B18A-2766A0CC9BF6.jpeg

The Keystone GM with the Eachus chamber is an absolute hammer. Got to the range this afternoon and went to work. I didn’t do any special barrel seasoning routine or break-in. IMO if the barrel can’t shoot it can’t shoot. I shouldn’t have to pump 600 rounds through it first. The groups above are are within the first 100 rounds. They are not cherry picked. I shot a 5 round group and moved onto the new ammo. Again, no fouler shots in between new ammo. I went to town. The CX group was within the first 15. I shit you not.. Sorry 6x and 10x guys. I know the capability is there to shoot small groups with good ammo. I’m a grid convert and dialed in that way at the end of the session. Whatever batch the barrel blank came from its awesome.

RimX is amazing. 22" GM barrel 1.20" straight from Keystone. no idea which chamber but it shoots great with SK RM. 🤣
Amazing indeed. The lot of RM I have shot like shit out of my other barrel. It was a laser with the GM today. I was getting avg of 1082 fps (15rds) and SD of 5. Sadly I’m on my last few boxes.

Reactions: Hardpan
Amazing indeed. The lot of RM I have shot like shit out of my other barrel. It was a laser with the GM today. I was getting avg of 1082 fps (15rds) and SD of 5. Sadly I’m on my last few boxes.
how long is your barrel? I was at avg 1056fps with SD of around 8 at a match last weekend.

I was having feeding issues with my t1x and picked up the rimx with help from a cert that I picked up off a prize table last year. zero regrets. feeds like a dream.

Hi Guys,

My outing in the back yard last week, wanted to try some different kinds of ammo with this Rim-X and Keystone GM barrel, results below. I probably shouldn't have been shooting on this day because a storm was approaching and the winds where swirling, but when ya have the itch ya got to shoot! :D This photo of the rifle just has the thread protector installed, but I shot these with my Thumderbeast Ultra 9 can installed, it's so quiet, bullet impacting the bullet trap is louder then the report..... LOL

Here we go....... I didn't clean the barrel between ammo, just loaded up the next kind of ammo and shot it.

Target 1 = SK STD PLUS
Target 2 = NORMA TAC 22
Target 3 = SK SEMI AUTO
Target 4 = SK BIATHLON SPORT
Target 5 = SK RIFLE MATCH
Target 6 = SK LONG RANGE MATCH
Target 7 = CENTER -X
Target 8 = MIDAS +
Target 9 = X-ACT
Target 10 = ELEY TARGET
Target 11 = PMC SCOREMASTER

RIMX-PRS-TCS.jpeg
01_RIMX_SK_STD_PLUS.jpg
02_RIMX_NORMA_TAC22.jpg
03_RIMX_SK_SEMI_AUTO.jpg
04_RIMX_SK_BIATHLON_SPORT.jpg
05_RIMX_SK_RIFLE_MATCH.jpg
06_RIMX_SK_LONG_RANGE_MATCH.jpg
07_RIMX_CENTER_X.jpg
08_RIMX_MIDAS_PLUS.jpg
09_RIMX_X_ACT.jpg
10_RIMX_ELEY_TARGET.jpg
11_RIMX_PMC_SCOREMASTER.jpg

Last edited:
My action and barrel came in on Thurs, put it together yesterday and managed to hit the range briefly in between storms(mostly). Could only shoot 45yds. Was having some extraction issues I chalked up to my unfamiliarity with the system.

Shot my first PRS style match today. Extractor fell out on stage 2. Still had about the same frequency of malfunctions. Maybe 1 in 15 empties would kick back in to the action and lay perfectly on the inside bolt rail. Wasted a lot of time stripping mags out, so I could remove it. Wasted more time because I'd lose a round clearing the malfunctions. All of the stages were 10-12 rounds. (guy at the match cheapskate precision, I think, sold me some +5's and a loader that he makes. After the match of course, lol.)

It was my first match of this sort. I played in action pistol and 3 gun back in the day, so reading stages and shooting off random stuff came pretty easy, although I know I got away with some stuff I wouldn't with a centerfire. If I could guess the dope, I got hits. Having never shot a rimfire past 50yds, I feel like I did ok. Winds were crap. 15-30 mph full value. The built the match with the wind in mind thankfully. Most targets were under 100yds.

Gotta call Zermatt on Monday. Think there is a spring, and maybe a detent that I'm missing now. No fault to them, this was a used action, and I threw together in haste. I'll go back and actually learn the system and go through it now that I have some time. Then a month to get ready for the next one!

My 12yo son shot a couple stages and loved it. Have a 455 in the safe for him. I checked out a NRL Bushnell model and was impressed. May drop than on it instead of the squirell oreinted glass it's wearing.

When I bought my action second hand I ordered all the spare parts listed on their website. Nice to have them just in case. And the postage will be the same. @serevince
Same problem with rounds ejecting on to left side of action I had. The round is probably ejecting off of the magazine. It is too high. Needs lowered just a little. Very small movement to adjust.
I pulled the firing pin to make it safe when using live rounds for adjustment. You will be able to slowly eject round and see it hit magazine.

Also watch for the tensioner - I was having weak ejection and then I figured out the tensioner screw just needed to be re-torque and now ejects fine. I think it was also causing a failure to feed because ever since I torque it, I haven’t had an issue feeding in 500 rounds.