• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

My firing pin doesn't pop off that simply. I must need my tongue on the left side of mouth or some other special alignment. LOL. I don't want to force it so I just keep fiddling with it and, like magic, it slides right off with no effort.

Posted awhile back that i wanted to build a rimx after building my first custom rifle early this year...well took the first step and picked this up this week from a member manners t2a with the mini chassis might get a splash of color on it but im just as happy as i was with my prs2

It was inlet for a 700 and medium palma so i may end up sending it in to manners to be opened up id really like to get a 20in proof carbon bull for it but cant seem to locate one at all (yeah ive tried most companies on here) so may end up settling for the 18in sendaro

But its a start
20200914_154416.jpg

My firing pin doesn't pop off that simply. I must need my tongue on the left side of mouth or some other special alignment. LOL. I don't want to force it so I just keep fiddling with it and, like magic, it slides right off with no effort.
I just got my RimX barreled action tonight and have been playing with it. I'm also finding it difficult to remove firing pin. I've watched both orkan video and the video Ray from Zermatt posted on here the other day, both guys make it look effortless. The one video mentions pulling away and up, I've been fiddling pulling each way, wiggling, no success. Any pro tips out there?

I am not a pro, LOL. Hold the bolt handle away from you and turn the shroud towards you one click. That will let the firing pin go forward and then you can just lean it over and it should come right out.

I had a wee bit of time freed up this morning so finally had a chance to take the rim x out, just enough for a zero and test some rds. Next weekend looks clear to push it out further and really start feeding ammo thru but results at 50 look good so far.
Polish_20200920_122418114.jpg

Hello again gang,
I got my RimX barrled action from Keystone on Friday. I put her in my XLR envy pro chassis and got a triggertech diamond 2 stage to top her off. Upon putting the rifle together, I immediately started messing with the magazine adjustments to try to find optimal feeding height. I probably tinkered with this for an hour or 2, never found a spot that fed smoothly (even though mag is locking tight and is within the 1/16" vertical play). I contacted Ray at Zermatt with some videos of the action feeding, he recommended I take the tensioner out and stone .010" off the corner making contact with the case. Did this, and the rifle is deffinately feeding smoother, but still has a very hard bolt close. Thankfully, he offered to send me another tensioner that he has stoned to see if that helps.He also suggested to me that Keystone barrels have a very tight chamber, and that they wont feed butter smooth. This is my first match grade custom rifle, so I dont have much to compare to. However, my CZ 457 feeds and cycles significantly smoother than my RimX ATM. I'm wondering if the folks on here with Keystone barreled actions have any input. I know that the rifle wont be "glass" smooth right out of the gate, but it still feels a bit sticky, and like I said the bolt is very difficult to close most times. Any suggestions? Thanks for any help, folks!

Reactions: leftyk82
I've shot about 350 rounds of CCI SV through mine with a PVA pre-fit. It feeds great but closes fairly hard. I figured the chamber might be on the short side but the bullet doesn't looked overly engraved. I've ordered a bunch of different ammunition to test. I tried different ones and there's a dramatic difference in bolt close between them.

How many different types of ammo have you tried?

I've got a Keystone Accuracy barreled RimX with a Green Mountain barrel and I had hard chambering frequently (but not every round) during the first hundred rounds but its smoothed out and is smooth as glass now. Part of that I think was not every round was snapping under the fixed extractor and forcing the bolt closed banged up the rim of the extractor a bit, but it works 100% now. This was shooting Eley Std. ammo and I have about 700 rounds through it now.

I've shot about 350 rounds of CCI SV through mine with a PVA pre-fit. It feeds great but closes fairly hard. I figured the chamber might be on the short side but the bullet doesn't looked overly engraved. I've ordered a bunch of different ammunition to test. I tried different ones and there's a dramatic difference in bolt close between them.

How many different types of ammo have you tried?
Just one, honestly. It's been a couple of different lots of SK standard plus. I should be receiving 1000 rounds of center x within the next couple of days, I'll give that a go. I've only put about 50 rounds down the pipe, I didn't want to keep forcing something that didnt want to go. It feels to me that the round isn't being fully seated in the bolt and is feeding into the chamber at too steep an angle. Having said that, no extraction issues as of yet. Hopefully the new tensioner will give me a better idea if that's the issue, or I need further adjustment to the magazine.

I know this is predominantly about 22lr RimX so hopefully none will be offended, but any word on if or when the 17 WSM RimX will be available? Has much been done in the way of testing a RimX built 17 WSM and has anyone come up with a chamber design that works well with the mediocre level 17 WSM ammo?

Reactions: Moose
I am also interested in a 17WSM and have not heard when RimX will be releasing their rifle in 17WSM.

I know this is predominantly about 22lr RimX so hopefully none will be offended, but any word on if or when the 17 WSM RimX will be available? Has much been done in the way of testing a RimX built 17 WSM and has anyone come up with a chamber design that works well with the mediocre level 17 WSM ammo?

I am also interested in a 17WSM and have not heard when RimX will be releasing their rifle in 17WSM.
We will not be releasing any rifles in any caliber.

The WSM is pending firing pin springs right now. All of the other components are on hand for when that final part is here. We'll go back to the front of the line on all of our orders to ship those first and work through our backlog.

If you'd like to know who will have the first ones, send us a message or an email and we'll get you that information.

Thank you - Ray

This sounds like the round binding between the bolt face and the chamber as the rim tries to slide up the bolt face. Part of the hesitation of the round righting itself fully horizontal is pushing the tensioner back but with a sharp edge on the back of the chamber the round seems to get in a three point bind.

Remove your current tensioner and see if the hard chamber completely goes away.
Thanks for the good info! Deffinately felt smoother with no tensioner, I may try to take a little more off the tensioner since Ray at Zermatt was kind enough to send a new one my way. For reference, how much different/harder should the bolt close feel compared to cycling unloaded?

I have no experience with the mpa chassis, but I just tried to emulate this ridiculously slow feed cycle in the clip for shits in my foundation with kmw bottom metal. There isn’t any “two steps” in the crf. When the round is released from the mag‘, it gets fully seated under the extractor and tensioner and never moves on the y axis until the round is fully chambered and the bolt is closed. My tensioner has not been stoned/modded in any way🤷‍♂️

I did some ammunition testing today at 50 yards over the Labradar. I tested center-x, tenex, eley match, eley edge, sk flat nose match, rws r50 and couple different types of norma. Midas, center-x, sk match, eley match and edge all had SDs in the single digits. All but Midas were in the 6's. Midas 10 shot group was .237. The last box I tested was the Midas and I was beginning to wonder if the rifle could shoot. Of course, it's near the most expensive you can buy!

I wish the Eley's performed better on the target. The bolt closes so much easier on Eley than it does any other manufacturer.

IMO the bolt should feel the same silky smooth when loading a round for the most part as when running it empty. The only tension or resistance I feel when the running the bolt empty is a very slight resistance on dropping the bolt handle down. If you know what you're feeling, you'll notice the cocking of the firing pin/ cocking piece on the sear. There's just a bit of cocking. I timed mine and left just a bit of cocking for reliable ignition. Otherwise the bolt will slide forward on its own when you tilt the barrel down.

The only time I have malfunctions now after some low grade tuning of the tensioner and barrel chamfer is when I'm maneuvering the rifle in and around props with a mag in,, bolt back and inertia causes the bolt to slide forward and strip a round out of the mag. It will just get the tip of the round in the chamber as the rim still hasn't slid fully up the bolt face. I will pull the bolt handle back to chamber the next round properly once I mount the rifle in position, not realizing I have a half loaded round. I will then cause a double feed. This has happened to me 4 times now. Its always on a fast time stage and you're booking. Ive become switched on to it now, so I can notice it. But I bring it up to illustrate how easily the bolt will cycle and strip a round off the mag. And then also illustrate the first time the bolt meets resistance chambering. It's the forcing that round into a horizontal attitude. Sliding the rim fully up the bolt face, pushing the tensioner aside, and fitting the rim under the extractor. I will occasionally feel this action when running the bolt. I think this CRF method could be prone to creating a bind in the bolt/ round/ chamber if the chamber and tensioner aren't tuned correctly. And this bind is what people are feeling when their having minor, light, rough feeding.

Either that or their forcing the extractor over the rim, but that really is a different feel. That is extreme and I believe you'll ruin your extractor and tensioner in short order. The bolt would be almost fully forward and it would be a really hard last-minute ca-chunk as you're muscling the bolt handle down. I think you really have to be forcing it and doing something that you know deep down you shouldn't be forcing as you're doing it.

I recommended removing your tensioner and still loading rounds out of the mag to see if the resistance went away. If it did completely its the tensioner. Of you still feel some, perhaps not as bad, its likely the chamfer on the edge of the chamber. The round is still leveraging over too sharp an angle as its forcing the rim up the rest of the bolt face.

Watch this. See that there are two parts to the roumd coming out of the mag and snapping up on to the bolt face and loading. The first part as the round seems to magically pop out of the mag and snap up onto the BF. But you can see the round is still slightly nose up. Entering the chamber. Rim is still low on the BF not completely captured by the extractor. As the shooter continues to push the bolt forward the chamber forces the round straight horizontal. Forcing the rim up under the extractor, pushing the spring loaded tensioner aside. This second part is where the tuning and relationship between the chamber and tensioner reduce the hard feeding.

Got my new tensioner from Ray today, and it deffinately helped smooth the feel of the bolt. However, I do still feel a bit of resistance as the casing enters the chamber. I've also noticed that the bottom of the chamber mouth accumulates brass shaving after cycling rounds. It's not a ton, but deffinately a noticeable amount. I'm wondering if this has to do with the chamber angle you were talking about. John at keystone assured me they double check everything before they send barrels out.

I had the same problems as you. I took a dremel with a stone attachment and oil at low speed at the 6 o'clock position. Took a little off the chamber where it would clear and not rub. Works great now. The one on the left is a shilen ratchet from precision rifle modified custom match which is similar to the nevius. On this one here I took a little off all the way around. The one on the right keystone. green mountain with padom's chamber.
hyFhrWm.jpg

UFjY9cc.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: DFC and Criver600
Got out to buddies range..kids all about. Did get a chance to wing a few out of the Rim X. Going to try again later in afternoon for some 100yd groups. Starting to really hone in.

SK+ 5@50. (I call the flier)
20200927_100402.jpg

SK rifle match RN 5@50
20200927_115052.jpg

Left action
T4A
Hart 6 groove 14 tw finished at 24" forward of lug.
TT Diamond
Hawkins dbm & rings.
EPS chamber
Mag catch height at approx 1.215

No feeding or hard chamber issues other than the usual suspect with cci sv and a touch with wolf match.

Chambered and bedded by Jonathan over at Modacam.

I had to rezero after my first initial outing with the rifle, first time out my eye relief setting was too far forward. My buddy was spotting those groups and thought shots 2 and 3 were off paper then we saw the paper move on 4 and 5. It seems to like SK acoss the board so far.

Still need to get it out to 100 and see how that 14tw does in tougher conditions, but pleased so far.

edit- spell check

Last edited:
Shifty - Jonathan did the V-22 mag repeater conversions on two of my CMP 40X actions, as well as a couple for good shooting friends of mine, all of us from Kansas. His work was excellent, and he took the time to call me after my 1st action arrived to ask some questions and give some insight on tuning the extractor/pusher of the 40X action. Since I did the bbl work on both my rifles after he'd done the conversions, and sent him just the bare actions, he wasn't able to fully tune extraction/ejection after completing the other work on them, so his call & being generous with his time to explain what to look for was a great help. If I hadn't wanted to do my own bbl work, he's the guy I'd have asked to do it.

• Love
Reactions: Shifty6BR
Finally got around to testing 2 new lots of CenterX and a new lot each of SK+ and SK RM that Ive had sitting here for a few months. Shot 3-10 shot groups of each at 50yds out of my Keystone Accuracy Krieger with my 22LR Match Eachus chamber all with my Rugged Oculus attached.

These new lots were very consistent, I am very happy with them for 10 shot groups shot fast. I recorded every shot at the firing line for some of you who are having issues feeding, etc. to see how smooth and fast my combo is running. I shot all 120rd in a row, only stopping was to load mags and hit the stop and play button. Not a single hiccup, feeding issue or hard bolt close. Smooth as glass and I can run it as fast or as slow as I want.

Im going to put together another post for some tips/instructions for you guys having some feeding issues or shaving lead on feeding..

20" Keystone Accuracy Krieger M24 threaded 1/2-28
XLR Envy Pro
BixN Andy TacSport Pro 2 Stage
Rugged Oculus
Atlas Bipod
Precision Underground 3D Rear bag
Athlon Ares ETR APRS1 MIL

Im going to put together another post for some tips/instructions for you guys having some feeding issues or shaving lead on feeding..
Agreed,Thank you in advance. This might help some so far mine GOD knows smooth as glass as well.👍

Ok guys. I need some help. I just got my RimX from Keystone and tried to shoot a few CCIs just to see how the action cycled, but I could not close the bolt on some of the rounds and on others I had to smash the bolt forward really hard to get it to close. So I pulled the extractor and tensioner and and tried closing the bolt on the included headspace gauge that came with the RimX but I can’t. I assume the headspace gauge is a “go-gauge” and that the bolt should close on it. Can somebody tell me if this is true or not?

Unfortunately Center X is a little too pricey for me. I did get the bolt to close better on some Norma stuff, but still not great. Do you know if the bolt should close on the headspace gauge?

Refer to post #1202

Lot of good info in here.
I agree with the sergeant.!👍

I also tried CCI standard on my keystone match chamber the result was unexpected and I was completely surprise the result, on my barrel GM 25" m24 chamber/extraction is not a problem i can feel some drag feel of the bullet head going inside and i like the feel of it.so far i like to shoot cci standard because of the low cost/decent performance as well.

Perfect, thank you for the reference to post #1202. I wish Zermätt had said it was a “NO-go-gauge” on the included instruction card.

I’ll try some different ammo and possibly toy with the tensioner. Thanks again!
We definitely should have said no-go gauge. We all learn a lot on the first release of products.

Thanks - Ray

I’ll try some different ammo and possibly toy with the tensioner. Thanks again!

CCI SV is really tight in my rim-x with PVA pre-fit. Lapua less so and Eley even less. I removed the tensioner and extractor for each and it feels the same.

CCI SV is really tight in my rim-x with PVA pre-fit. Lapua less so and Eley even less. I removed the tensioner and extractor for each and it feels the same.

Yea CCI SV is very tight in my barrels/chamber. I run SK and CX.

Last edited:
Hello again gang,
I got my RimX barrled action from Keystone on Friday. I put her in my XLR envy pro chassis and got a triggertech diamond 2 stage to top her off. Upon putting the rifle together, I immediately started messing with the magazine adjustments to try to find optimal feeding height. I probably tinkered with this for an hour or 2, never found a spot that fed smoothly (even though mag is locking tight and is within the 1/16" vertical play). I contacted Ray at Zermatt with some videos of the action feeding, he recommended I take the tensioner out and stone .010" off the corner making contact with the case. Did this, and the rifle is deffinately feeding smoother, but still has a very hard bolt close. Thankfully, he offered to send me another tensioner that he has stoned to see if that helps.He also suggested to me that Keystone barrels have a very tight chamber, and that they wont feed butter smooth. This is my first match grade custom rifle, so I dont have much to compare to. However, my CZ 457 feeds and cycles significantly smoother than my RimX ATM. I'm wondering if the folks on here with Keystone barreled actions have any input. I know that the rifle wont be "glass" smooth right out of the gate, but it still feels a bit sticky, and like I said the bolt is very difficult to close most times. Any suggestions? Thanks for any help, folks!
I had and still have the same problem, I sent my original Keystone barreled action to Zermatt they said there was a problem with the chamber, they pulled the barrel and sent it back to Keystone, Keystone said mine was an early one and they supposedly fixed my chamber. I got it back and it still chambers and extracts rough (though better than previously), accuracy is so, so, and after 50 or so rounds a round will routinely slip the tensioner and gets stuck in the chamber. I have shot other Rim-X rifles that ran beautifully. I bought a Proof Prefit and I'm just waiting for some time to swap the barrels to see how that runs.

Just received my RimX action with a Green Mountain barrel chambered by Keystone Accuracy and I have been having intermittent troubles chambering a round and difficult bolt closure. No troubles with feeding or extraction. I have shot about 500 rounds through it and the frequency has not changed. There does not seem to be a pattern for when the troubles arise. I have 3 magazines and have the same trouble with all of them. I have tried SK Standard Plus, Center X, & Midas+.

Just received my RimX action with a Green Mountain barrel chambered by Keystone Accuracy and I have been having intermittent troubles chambering a round and difficult bolt closure. No troubles with feeding or extraction. I have shot about 500 rounds through it and the frequency has not changed. There does not seem to be a pattern for when the troubles arise. I have 3 magazines and have the same trouble with all of them. I have tried SK Standard Plus, Center X, & Midas+.

So did you follow the instructions in the action box and properly adjust the magazines? If its feeding and extracting properly it sounds like the round isn't getting behind the tensioner and/or extractor which would definitely make it feel like a hard bolt close.

Last edited:
I am using the 10 round magazines. Have not opened the magazines to clean them. Will do that. I followed the instructions but will go back through the adjustment process again.

I am using the 10 round magazines. Have not opened the magazines to clean them. Will do that. I followed the instructions but will go back through the adjustment process again.

If you're feeling hard bolt close every once in a while, but your feeding and extraction is good, that hard bolt close is typically a round that didn't slide up the bolt face and get behind the tensioner and extractor. That bolt feels hard because you are closing the bolt ON the rim and that is not possible with a RimX like a conventional 22lr and can and will eventually damage your extractor.

Next time you start to feel that hard bolt close, stop, look inside the ejection port and slowly open the bolt. I bet the rim isn't all the way up the bolt face and behind the extractor...

Last edited:
Padom, how would you 'fix' that if that's the case? Magazine height adjustment?

Next I would look at the tensioner and extractor. I know Zermatt has replaced some and gave instructions on stoning the tensioner to fix this issue in some cases. Also, without seeing the extractor, it may be damaged as well and need replaced to permanetly resolve. I know a few people didnt properly adjust mags and damaged their extractor trying to close the bolt on the rim vs it properly sliding up behind the extractor and the extractor had to be replaced.

What your specific issue is, not positive without diagnosing it but those are the things I would look at if feeding and extraction are g2g...

Pulled my Keystone/green mountain yesterday, spun on a proof stainless pre-fit. Ran smoothly, and though I didn’t get a lot of rounds down the barrel, every group I shot, all rounds were touching. Hmmm, Vudoo beware (my Vudoo that is.) if I can get a bit more range time I may have to shoot it at a match next week.

Reactions: Ahogue and plong
Shoot I also have problem with extraction from my other rimx i thought i have a problem with the setup action/barrel(HEADSPACE) from my other rim-x,but when i try the complete bolt from my other rimx it works perfectly eject the casing away from the actions.so i notice my other rim-x complete bolt is the problem i email zermatt with this problem for assessment/fix the issue.holy cow!

ZERMATT CUSTOMER SERVICE IS TOP NOTCH!! "BAR NONE"!
Folks I figure the problem now,I send ray a picture for both complete bolt face.I notice from the RIGHT bolt TENSIONER is shorter than on the LEFT BOLT. This has only below 12 shots from center-x ammo after i install the barrel just check the headspace then this is happening.I might already get the broken TENSIONER. thanks for the review here.

Attachments

• DSC02260.JPG
    DSC02260.JPG
    665.2 KB · Views: 197
  • DSC02261.JPG
    DSC02261.JPG
    667.8 KB · Views: 191
  • DSC02262.JPG
    DSC02262.JPG
    717.3 KB · Views: 175
Last edited: