• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Well I was at Rockland PA today and took the rim x out to 500 with pretty ease. I ran out of travel in the scope. That was the only issue. These things shoot.

A word to the wise problem resolved !
I had a FTF in my RIMX the other day during a rapid fire session 1st one in 2000 rounds. Normally I clean every session the day before I did not do this , I set up to shoot about 15 rounds down the shell jumped the bolt face. Wonder it didnt fire as fast as I was cycling the problem! Well I had noticed a little bit of wax on the breech face of barrel at the end of sessions from blow back on port side. Right in line with the hardened plate ie.tensioner or extractor what ever they call it. The wax had packed under this allowing no room for the minamal edge to capture the case and retain it during cycle. The fix pulled bolt, with a curved micro plastic pick I cleaned this out we were back in business thought the edge suffered some damage from the hard cycle it still works and a new part is in the works. Clean both sides of bolt face regular to stop this from happening. I attacked photo to show damaged tensioner edge.

Attachments

• 20210314_141238.jpg
    20210314_141238.jpg
    174.6 KB · Views: 144
Last edited:
Reactions: Schütze
That's what I thought it was seeing as it's right around a 60 c hardness the other spring loaded side would be the tensioner. Just dont let wax or debris get in here.

The fix pulled bolt, with a curved micro plastic pick I cleaned this out we were back in business thought the edge suffered some damage from the hard cycle it still works and a new part is in the works.

I attacked photo to show damaged tensioner edge.
So am I reading this correct that a build up of wax under an edge has caused enough damage to a part warranting replacement of that part?

What's the RimX bolt knob thread pitch ? Wifey says the current one is "too aggressive" for her delicate fingers.

What's the RimX bolt knob thread pitch ? Wifey says the current one is "too aggressive" for her delicate fingers.
They're 1/4"x28, but Ray will exchange bolt handles & rails for what you want/need. I did it with both of mine. (y)

Reactions: BisSilent
Your magazine height is out of location to low bullet is late rising. There is an adjustment on back of magazine, ie silver tab with torex screw mark location loosen screw move tab down. I used calipers to set mine if you go to low it will create a contact problem with underside of bolt showing 2 parallel grooves in front of drive band on bullet. The screw was proably loose and let clip slide down.
Mine does the same thing run the bolt fast it works. Otherwise the rim jumps up infront of the bolt. I have the mags set as high as I can. My first extractor chipped around 3000 rounds. It still extracted fine just ejected back into the action. I found the Vudoo mags with the black follower feed best.

Got the new part tonight 2 day delivery CUSTOMER SERVICE ! Now just find some different ammo to finish proving the Proof barrel another barrel shipped today, but I have to try the .224 rimfire 1st ,wind gust were up to 40 mph today and I only have 20 55gr rounds loaded will see.

Got the new extractor installed ran a mix of Midas,R50,Tenex Match and SK HV slow and fast cycles no FTF or zero change. A proven statement to precision machining, I finalized the 18" all stainless Proof barrel today I'll pull it and rack it with test data. Tomorrow will start running test on the .224 black hole with 55 fmj bullets.

I shot a Kraft challenge with my RimX a few weeks back. That might be the most insightful 12 round drill I've ever shot. Super fun to do and I was surprised with my results given that I rarely shoot positional. I really want to work on it and see if I can get down below 1 MOA for my baseline targets before I start adding some speed requirements to them.
Kraft Challenge.jpg

Anyone know what wait times are on rimx. Ordered thru pva . Still waiting 20 plus weeks

Anybody here shooting a proof steel barrel? If so how do you like?

I just ordered from Altus if other one ever comes I’ll sell it
That's a bummer you've had to wait that long. I agree, I think a call to Zermatt would be in order. I would think they would want to get an action into your hands having waited that long. I am also curious what wait time they are quoting, and how many they are producing currently. I messaged them through the website/email first of the week, didn't hear anything back. (I should've attempted a call) I saw that Altus had them so I went ahead and ordered from Altus and it is supposed to arrive tomorrow. Looking forward to getting a barrel on it and see how it does.

Reactions: Jrutt0331
Have had mine for a week as of today, 1200 rounds so far, everything is great but every now and then it won’t kick the fired case out. Just falls on top of the magazine. Thoughts?

Have had mine for a week as of today, 1200 rounds so far, everything is great but every now and then it won’t kick the fired case out. Just falls on top of the magazine. Thoughts?
Run the bolt back harder/faster!! I was getting the same thing when changing positions on a stage. I was not running the bolt back all the way like I do when shooting from one round to another. I was just opening the bolt and half heartily running the bolt then moving to the next position on a stage. When I went to feed another round it would have not ejected the spend brass. Hope this helps!!

Reactions: kampr and Schütze
This happened to me too at a match last Sunday. 3 times actually. Lost a lot of points to this. Of course I assume shooter error in my case, what could only be "short stroking" the bolt? Not sure yet because it did not happen during practice. Please share if you find out, so will I.

Run the bolt back harder/faster!! I was getting the same thing when changing positions on a stage. I was not running the bolt back all the way like I do when shooting from one round to another. I was just opening the bolt and half heartily running the bolt then moving to the next position on a stage. When I went to feed another round it would have not ejected the spend brass. Hope this helps!!
As more as I think about it, I'm quite sure that's the correct analysis.

Mine would not kick the brass out after a good amount of rounds down range. Would always cause problems. Changed the extractor piece for a new one and im having no issues till that one wears out.

I agree Bis, I’m coming off shooting an rpr since they’ve been around. I really think majority of it is me just not getting after the bolt! I’ll keep proofing my dope this week when I can, hoping to make it to a match Saturday and see what happens. I took it this past weekend to a small NRL club and had it happen twice but I can hear it rattle in there so I just dropped mag, reinserted and kept on going. I’ll keep updating what I figure out! Thanks guys!

I just noticed Rimdenter's picture on this page, post #1710. If I recall correctly, my extractor edge looks like his in the picture, will check tonight at home. If so I'll get a new one and this should take care of the issue.

I just noticed Rimdenter's picture on this page, post #1710. If I recall correctly, my extractor edge looks like his in the picture, will check tonight at home. If so I'll get a new one and this should take care of the issue.
I wish I had took pics of the slight mods I made on my tensioner. I totally disassembled the bolt , the tensioner's are made on a high end laser. I could see directional wash as the cut changed directions. I know this because I ran a Cincinnati laser , when you cut any type of higher carbon steel the edge surface becomes hard. I removed a small of material on the inboard shoulder and rear with a diamond dremel bit allowing the tensioner to close app
.008 more gripping the shell firmer taking care of this slow extraction problem. Since its gripping the casing tighter it doesn't throw the spent casing as far though. You have to be careful doing this, if your not running a tight spec match chamber and the extractor is alittle off it will and can allocate the case off center up to 1/2 the chamber condition. I saw no accuracy loss but max on chamber is .0008 over unifired rounds.

I’ve put a few different types of SK Ammo in my RIM X. Every type has 1 out of every 5-6 rounds get stuck in the chamber and bolt will not close. Proof CF 20” prefit on the action. Picked up from Gunware late last year. Thoughts fellas?!

I’ve put a few different types of SK Ammo in my RIM X. Every type has 1 out of every 5-6 rounds get stuck in the chamber and bolt will not close. Proof CF 20” prefit on the action. Picked up from Gunware late last year. Thoughts fellas?!
Does it happen with a particular mag or all of them?? If it is all of them I suspect you're short stroking the bolt and pushing the round into the chamber without the rim of the case being under the extractor.

the rim isn't getting up into the extractor. double check your mag height

Reactions: WtxMSCL8188
Guys I have a manners I want to trade to a guy for a chassis he has. My stock fit is impact ok?? Especially as far as bolt handle is concerned

Guys I have a manners I want to trade to a guy for a chassis he has. My stock fit is impact ok?? Especially as far as bolt handle is concerned
Manners T2A inletted for an Impact with my RimX in it. Only thing I had to do was sand a small spot that the bolt was rubbing on.
A222946A-A7FA-4E1E-ABBC-4126AFB35546.png

Reactions: Csafisher
Any one have experience with Bison Tactical barrels? The test targets they show are impressive plus the accuracy guarantee and test target furnished is hard to beat. I have a Krieger barrel being chambered by Jonathan Elrod who does their barrels. He has a long history of 22rf work and is recommending a modified JGS match reamer that has performed very well in his testing. After having the GM barrel I got with my action finally up and running, I am looking forward to the next step.

Any one have experience with Bison Tactical barrels? The test targets they show are impressive plus the accuracy guarantee and test target furnished is hard to beat. I have a Krieger barrel being chambered by Jonathan Elrod who does their barrels. He has a long history of 22rf work and is recommending a modified JGS match reamer that has performed very well in his testing. After having the GM barrel I got with my action finally up and running, I am looking forward to the next step.
Is the GM not shooting well ?